List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIVAL CLUBS CIRLCE TIGER CUB

Richmond young tall Callum Coleman-Jones is reportedly set to be a figure of interest in the coming off-season, as clubs look to adapt to a lack of tall prospects in this year’s national draft.

Jones, taken with pick 20 in the 2017 draft, has managed only one game at senior level given the form the side’s tall timbre has been in across its premiership run, and is yet to be signed beyond 2021.

Additionally, the 21-year-old had been serving a 10-game AFL suspension for his COVID-19 rules breach during his side’s time in the Queensland hub last year.

The Herald Sun reports rival clubs are keeping an eye on Coleman-Jones, with Greater Western Sydney having already attempted to lure him out of Tigerland in recent years.

Some clubs are prepared to offer up late first-round selections in a bid to secure his services, the report details.

soprano?

Those at the Tassie Devils vs Eastern Ranges game reported that highly touted running back Sam Banks who was again on fire in the game has broken his wrist, bad timing for the lad as that would see him miss some very serious time on the sidelines. Similar type player to Lachie Sholl but IMO a more rounded player at the same age, exceptional foot skills on both sides, quicker and more an aerial threat than Sholl on what I've seen.

Screenshot 2021-04-18 11.44.32 AM.png

Those at the Tassie Devils vs Eastern Ranges game reported that highly touted running back Sam Banks who was again on fire in the game has broken his wrist, bad timing for the lad as that would see him miss some very serious time on the sidelines. Similar type player to Lachie Sholl but IMO a more rounded player at the same age, exceptional foot skills on both sides, quicker and more an aerial threat than Sholl on what I've seen.

View attachment 1105411
So in other words probably already on Hamish's list of "special players"

I would be very disappointed if we haven't done anything to strengthen our recruiting dept as we have really drafted top picks poorly and although think Hamish lucky to be keeping his position, it would be hoped we have added a well credentialed person to our recruiting team.

View attachment 1105411
I don't think I could take the anxiousness of Hamish taking anoth Tassie kid. Too soon ...

Matty Roberts very good for south adelaide under 18s with 37 possessions
This is who I want us to get. Horne seems impossible, but Roberts should go between 5 and 8.

This is who I want us to get. Horne seems impossible, but Roberts should go between 5 and 8.

Yep, just draft the very best mid we can, be that Roberts or someone else.

For those who have watched Roberts is he a goal kicking mid? Good user? Or more an accumulator? Seems a real good size.

Yep, just draft the very best mid we can, be that Roberts or someone else.

For those who have watched Roberts is he a goal kicking mid? Good user? Or more an accumulator? Seems a real good size.
He's a genuine mid/forward, penetrating kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had hoped we might be able to pick up Josh Gibcus as our McAsey replacement when he bails at the season's end but that's becoming unlikely by the week, a serious talent just keeps getting better and better. Looking genuine high end talent.

View attachment 1105774
We likely end up bottom 6 around mid year I reckon. Might be high enough.

Starting to get a feel for where sides are after the quarter mark for the season. I think we still finish somewhere between 13-16, should be high enough for a top end mid, not Jason Horne high enough but still enough to get an elite talent.

I would be very disappointed if we haven't done anything to strengthen our recruiting dept as we have really drafted top picks poorly and although think Hamish lucky to be keeping his position, it would be hoped we have added a well credentialed person to our recruiting team.
I heard or read somewhere the other day that Geelong recruiting guru Stephen Wells has resigned from his position effective immediate. Could we ....

I heard or read somewhere the other day that Geelong recruiting guru Stephen Wells has resigned from his position effective immediate. Could we ....

Why would we want to downgrade from Hamish?

Wells record in the 2010s is not good at all, now a part of that is Geelong being a competitor and also selling the farm to try to maximise their window, but their drafting/developing has really struggled outside of some inspired mature age recruits.

You have one player who made it out of Geelongs '12-'14 drafts (not even elite player, literally one player in Kolojashni has managed 100 games, the rest maxed out at 40). One who made it in 2015 in Menegola. An ok '16 draft with Parfitt, Stewart and Henry. Kelly was inspired, but beyond that, just Miers, from '17. A very rough '18 draft, though Atkins and Clarke are holding on. '19 draft isn't that crash hot in its second season with only one player getting into double digits, and 1 game between the 1st round picks. Their 1st round pick from 2020 has at least debuted.

A great recruiter in his day, but has well and truly hit his expiry date in the role.

Last edited:
Starting to get a feel for where sides are after the quarter mark for the season. I think we still finish somewhere between 13-16, should be high enough for a top end mid, not Jason Horne high enough but still enough to get an elite talent.

North and GC look to have the bottom two spots sewn up.

We're battling it out with Essendon and Hawthorn for the other two bottom four spots.

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...next-nick-haynes-josh-gibcus-stars-nab-league

Mutineer your GWV lad Gibcus getting a bit of love from KM :) Fair to say he’s well and truly put himself up for first round contention at this stage?

I think they said he's still going to be working for the cats recruiting department, just in a part-time capacity and not in that senior position.

Looking very much that way, developing nicelyQUOTE="Danger in Texas, post: 69678892, member: 117987"]
https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...next-nick-haynes-josh-gibcus-stars-nab-league

Mutineer your GWV lad Gibcus getting a bit of love from KM :) Fair to say he’s well and truly put himself up for first round contention at this stage?
[/QUOTE]
Developing very nicely considering he missed a whole year of development, still away to go body development wise (where have we heard that before?) but he looks to have all the tools. Along with Rhett Bazzo looks to be the leading KPD's in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back