List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts are also many draft number 1 player if drafted 10 years later in the same draft woukd not be number 1

Of these number 1 picks, very few if any have played in premierships so I am one that supports prioritising wins and what that brings to a young group over moving up 2 spots in the draft

Ill take the wins and pick 3, or 4 over losses and pick 1, or 2 every day of the week

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick doesn't really matter when we aren't prioritising development, which we don't seem to be. We pick the most experienced sides we can, including injured players. We play a cooked Sloane in the middle for 80%+ of the time. Sure Berg attended 21 or 22 centre bounces yesterday but we need to be rotating another player like Berry or Jones through there too. Should have been doing this all season.

We can't have all our developing players stacked in defense and up forward and expect to succeed.

No GC took that mantle but Collingwood may have given pick 1 away for what equates to a couple of 2nd rounders.
This will be a hard one to spin at collingwood..but as they finished way away from bottom last year to think they were in the conversation for pick 1 would have been a big stretch. But someone may have to justify not having both daicos and horne if they do finish bottom

On the flipside, GWS must be absolutely laughing

Pick doesn't really matter when we aren't prioritising development, which we don't seem to be. We pick the most experienced sides we can, including injured players. We play a cooked Sloane in the middle for 80%+ of the time. Sure Berg attended 21 or 22 centre bounces yesterday but we need to be rotating another player like Berry or Jones through there too. Should have been doing this all season.

We can't have all our developing players stacked in defense and up forward and expect to succeed.

And yet, if by divine miracle, we seem to have the youngest, and least experienced side in the league most weeks (bar a small stretch where it belonged to Gold Coast).

And yet, if by divine miracle, we seem to have the youngest, and least experienced side in the league most weeks (bar a small stretch where it belonged to Gold Coast).

Well yeah because of injuries and dumping players. We don't get a choice in that, but where we do get a choice it is the same old s**t.

I don't think that many take young Chris Doerre's predictions that seriously anymore. He doesn't watch an enormous number of games and doesn't have any access to other expert and industry opinions.

He's a guy with a webpage who watches some games.

I'd lean more into Draft Central rankings - because they have a bigger team of analysts - or Twomey because he speaks to recruiters.

This. One man can't do it all.

Sure as s**t Haggis isn't watching every magoos game, he's got a team reporting to him and spending his time efficiently based on that. Probably more than a couch watcher given it's his full time gig, but you're never going to be able to breakdown four different junior leagues/every player and have clear opinions on all.

AFLDC probably better as you'll get some of their blokes watching more of the same players if you trust their eyes, but realistically journos just having conversations and making sense of the feedback they hear is infinitely better than one man trying to cover the land.

IIRC the reason they traded away their 2021/1 to GWS was They knew Daicos was going to be a high pick.

If Pies finish last they could have taken Horne and still matched for Daicos. Was an unbelievably bad live trade at the time. Could end up being the worst of all time.

nicks was all happy yesterday and it was quite obvious clarkson didnt care. he was clearly tanking. one coach knows what he's doing. the other hasnt got a clue.

that will be the last win we get for the year. I cant even see us beating the roos who are in good form. yeah, that 1 more win was so *in worth it nicks.

I hope we dont re sign him next year. * him off.

Irrelevant what they paid.

He is a player not getting a game who is uncontracted. Once he says he's leaving for more opportunities and has named his club, it will be who has most leverage, and inevitably it will be a second round pick.

Caldwell had done a fair bit more and was 29 and a future second for Caldwell 44 and a future 4th.
Agree actually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nicks was all happy yesterday and it was quite obvious clarkson didnt care. he was clearly tanking. one coach knows what he's doing. the other hasnt got a clue.

that will be the last win we get for the year. I cant even see us beating the roos who are in good form. yeah, that 1 more win was so fu**in worth it nicks.

I hope we dont re sign him next year. fu** him off.
Deary deary me

that will be the last win we get for the year. I cant even see us beating the roos who are in good form. yeah, that 1 more win was so fu**in worth it nicks.

I hope we dont re sign him next year. fu** him off.
Yes it's easy to see it that way but the win was a good thing..

The problem and agro comes from the fact we all know how useless the Nana's are that run our club and would have no intention whatsoever in moving up to get Horne.
He's clearly rated the best mid by most, Is exactly what we need and is a South Aussie.
The time is now make it happen ffs.

Mitch McGovern, Charlie Cameron, Ronin O'Connor is hardly an eternity
To clarify then we haven't invested a a top 40 pick for an eternity.
Cameron and McGovern were 7 years ago and O'Connor was like a packet of chips especially considering what was available.

So we find 2 bargains who were match winners on their day and we haven't really gone back to the well? That's not logical. Something fundamentality has changed.

So to narrow it down since Reid has been list manager we have not invested in W.A. football.
Coincidence we didn't take English?

When you look at Allen, Kelly, Ryan, Bolton, Hill, Robertson, Sharp, Rivers going in the 2nd round and some of them big sliders not even counting the 1st rounders and huge amount of rookies and low picks over the past 5-6 years.

So I will go 1 step further we have f**ked up badly by dismissing W.A. talent because they have produced a heap of bargains.
Since then:
Richmond have taken Broad, Stack, Bolton, Baker, Miller, English, Pickett ( that's a great hit rate and spent stuff all in currency)
Geelong, Menegola, Kelly, Narkle, Clark, Neale
WB English, Naughton Garcia, Lynch
Melbourne Jackson and Rivers
Sydney McDonald, Warner, Taylor, Tucker, Cameron
Power Georgiades, SPP and then a couple very low picks.

To clarify then we haven't invested a a top 40 pick for an eternity.
Cameron and McGovern were 7 years ago and O'Connor was like a packet of chips especially considering what was available.

So we find 2 bargains who were match winners on their day and we haven't really gone back to the well? That's not logical. Something fundamentality has changed.

So to narrow it down since Reid has been list manager we have not invested in W.A. football.
Coincidence we didn't take English?

When you look at Allen, Kelly, Ryan, Bolton, Hill, Robertson, Sharp, Rivers going in the 2nd round and some of them big sliders not even counting the 1st rounders and huge amount of rookies and low picks over the past 5-6 years.

So I will go 1 step further we have f**ked up badly by dismissing W.A. talent because they have produced a heap of bargains.
Since then:
Richmond have taken Broad, Stack, Bolton, Baker, Miller, English, Pickett ( that's a great hit rate and spent stuff all in currency)
Geelong, Menegola, Kelly, Narkle, Clark, Neale
WB English, Naughton Garcia, Lynch
Melbourne Jackson and Rivers
Sydney McDonald, Warner, Taylor, Tucker, Cameron
Power Georgiades, SPP and then a couple very low picks.
So what WA players named there should we have taken that were still available at the pick we took our player at?

And what ones turned out better than our pick given you have the advantage of hindsight.

Deary deary me
Ignore Mick. He's absolutely cooked. Was completely embarassed in the off season, and slunk off with his tail between his legs. For some reason has come back.

It is HILARIOUS that he thinks Clarko is tanking in order to get better picks for the guy replacing him. Clarko couldn't give a s**t about the future success of Hawthorn and Mitchell.

So what WA players named there should we have taken that were still available at the pick we took our player at?

And what ones turned out better than our pick given you have the advantage of hindsight.
Bolton sticks out if Pyke wanting pace is true, may have been a stretch at the time though.

in the nicks presser:

"we'll be trying to win all 4 games."

yes, nicks is that dumb.
It would be dumber to say that we are trying to lose all 4 games... as there would be draft sanctions incoming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back