Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's an easy article to write, really; he doesn't come good, they get to write about Brown's "He's the laziest player in the AFL" comments in the followup; he comes good, he's "found a new spark", "gone up a level".

Gee, this media s**t's easy. Wonder how much these content farmers get paid, how difficult/easy it is to get a job there.

I could get paid by the word.

Almost as good as comparing the ANZAC day clash as going to war :drunk:

Still a team sport, if the performance of 1-3 players is responsible for how this whole season has panned out, it's an easy fix, sack them and get players in. If your game plan allows the opposition to easily score against you when ever you make a mistake - change your game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone with the text on this?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/bdaa6080f6461ec14661abeea824cdbc

Reeks of too little too late and saving face anyway...

Pretty much the same as what's been written in the other articles others have posted…

"Carlton players were made to relive their inexcusable performance against North Melbourne when coach David Teague led a blistering review on Monday.It’s understood countless players were left embarrassed by clips showing them committing basic skill errors and missing tackles as the Kangaroos pierced through Marvel Stadium on their way to a seven-goal run during the third quarter."
“It’s kind of a trend for us where we let teams get a run on for 20 minutes and they pile on a lot of goals,” veteran Eddie Betts said.
“It’s actually embarrassing. We reviewed it (Saturday’s loss to North) we watched some pretty brutal highlights.”

The 17-player injury list could force Teague’s hand to finally turn to youth in the final month, with Carlton so far unveiling just one debutant (Luke Parks) in 2021 — the equal-fewest in the competition along with Melbourne and Gold Coast.
First-round pick Brodie Kemp, who was drafted midway through recovery from a knee reconstruction, is in the mix to play his first AFL game.

Anyone with the text on this?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/bdaa6080f6461ec14661abeea824cdbc

Reeks of too little too late and saving face anyway...

I don't have the text, but I'd bet they probably attached their opinion to Eddie's comments last night on 360 where he said they were embarrassed and copped a brutal review, player by player or something like that. They were told it's not the Carlton way again...

As far as I'm concerned, I reckon Teague is gone regardless. Like the autopsy thread title states, it was a coach killing performance. Can't fathom their justification to keeping him apart from the very off chance that nobody else being interested and/or Clarko has told them once he's done with the Hawks next year, he'll be onboard. So having said that, his player reviews, tactics, selection for the rest of the season etc. will lack substance anyway.

I don't have the text, but I'd bet they probably attached their opinion to Eddie's comments last night on 360 where he said they were embarrassed and copped a brutal review, player by player or something like that. They were told it's not the Carlton way again...

As far as I'm concerned, I reckon Teague is gone regardless. Like the autopsy thread title states, it was a coach killing performance. Can't fathom their justification to keeping him apart from the very off chance that nobody else being interested and/or Clarko has told them once he's done with the Hawks next year, he'll be onboard. So having said that, his player reviews, tactics, selection for the rest of the season etc. will lack substance anyway.
I’d cringe at Clarkson
Up there with the Malthouse appointment.

Insightful from Daisy Thomas on Teague and the Carlton situation. (about 7 mins in)

Last edited:
Geez watching 360 full of Blues training footage, do we ever practice long kicks unless its goal kicking or is it all little dinky kicks under zero pressure?

Geez watching 360 full of Blues training footage, do we ever practice long kicks unless its goal kicking or is it all little dinky kicks under zero pressure?

Train the way you want to play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back