Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree with this: which is what most have been saying on here all year.
Once the opposition turn the scoring tap on, the Blues have to rely on skill rather than system to turn it off. When skill deserts them opposition scores flow like the Amazon.

Don't agree with this, no system, unity or team work, exposes our weaknesses and makes players look less than they are, a good system will hide a teams flaws. Ours are on display for all to see.

The Blues spent plenty of capital at the wrong time to secure Zac Williams and Adam Saad and while Cripps is a great player and leader he is not going to move into the Dustin Martin, Marcus Bontempelli or Christian Petracca class.

Obvious and in plain sight:

By the start of 2022 the new president Luke Sayers must have everyone associated with Carlton believing in who is in charge and pointing in the same direction.

Splitting hairs I know, and this isn't meant to deflect Teague's problems, but I'd take issue with this:

"David Teague’s own problem is that Carlton have not been able to restrict scoring under his watch, as opposed to Brendon Bolton’s scoring woes"

Er, they might not have been full of 5 goal runs but Bolton's tenure was full of defending woes too! I liked Bolton a lot, but in his last two seasons we had an average margin of -42 (inc 8 x 7 goal losses) and -23 (3 x 7 goal losses in 11 rounds) respectively.

Not sure what I'm getting at here, and I'm certain that line only jumped out at me in that particular way :shrug:

keep up, gab, I posted this this arvo...........

Where were you at 4am ? I can't believe that I was actually up after having slept rather than still up after no sleep :tearsofjoy:

Where were you at 4am ? I can't believe that I was actually up after having slept rather than still up after no sleep :tearsofjoy:
main reason we don't sleep

1627277331485.png

Also expecting intial report to be shared with board this week, and likely public comments next week.

Also footage of eddie in a moon boot.
‘80% of the report is complete’, Tom Morris. Not sure how good his mail is. I was hoping they’d wait until the end of the season before releasing it, feels a bit rushed to me

‘80% of the report is complete’, Tom Morris. Not sure how good his mail is. I was hoping they’d wait until the end of the season before releasing it, feels a bit rushed to me
If it's anything like my buffering on Kayo, last 20% will take ages.

Hopefully it's not getting rushed because of the pies.

On the couch, covered the well document poor defence, with stats showing we are the worst at defending ball movement. But they layed into how piss poor the players were, and how they let ed curnow down.
Some of rhe footage was embarrassing.

The players were poor and the footage was clear, I still firmly believe, the players are a product of their environment, they dish up efforts like that, because Teague accepts efforts like that, there is no repercussions, no one gets dropped, everyone is pat on the back, the standard is set and it’s set low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Splitting hairs I know, and this isn't meant to deflect Teague's problems, but I'd take issue with this:

"David Teague’s own problem is that Carlton have not been able to restrict scoring under his watch, as opposed to Brendon Bolton’s scoring woes"

Er, they might not have been full of 5 goal runs but Bolton's tenure was full of defending woes too! I liked Bolton a lot, but in his last two seasons we had an average margin of -42 (inc 8 x 7 goal losses) and -23 (3 x 7 goal losses in 11 rounds) respectively.

Not sure what I'm getting at here, and I'm certain that line only jumped out at me in that particular way :shrug:

As opposed to Bolton's scoring woes ... so they are talking about Bolton's teams not being able to score, whereas Teague's teams can't defend.

Same thoughts here.
Really hope this is not completed until after our last game.
Pav to review all games, win or lose, and report his findings at seasons end.

As opposed to Bolton's scoring woes ... so they are talking about Bolton's teams not being able to score, whereas Teague's teams can't defend.

I get that, but I read a bit of "Bolton's problems were scoring, Teague's problems are defending" into it, when Bolton's problems absolutely went both ways (unlike Carlton's running haha! sigh). Bolton's teams weren't able to score or defend

Absolutely torn a new one on, On the couch.

Hard to watch and listen to.
I'm used to it from every week First Crack. I think they are helping us by doing it. Just have to go through this pain for the club to rebirth. (Or reboot.)

I'm used to it from every week First Crack. I think they are helping us by doing it. Just have to go through this pain for the club to rebirth. (Or reboot.)
I think they are using you to sell ad revenue to keep themselves employed and in nice threads.

On the couch, covered the well document poor defence, with stats showing we are the worst at defending ball movement. But they layed into how piss poor the players were, and how they let ed curnow down.
Some of rhe footage was embarrassing.
So, pretty much the same thing they've been saying for the last 2/3 years? And that's not having a dig at the On The Couch boys, their analysis is mostly correct, I'm pointing out the fact that even after all these years, the same core problems exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back