Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy with our draft. Suggs looks like a neat player who I think can find an extra gear when he needs to. Wagner isn't the most inspiring choice but that's life at pick 8 - role players.

Going into next season we'll have two rookies, 3 second-year players, 2 guys coming back from long term injuries and no stars. We have our own pick and it projects to be a good one.

There's still a long way to go but today was a positive step.

Including the two new rookies we have a 13 man roster with current deals.

PG: Suggs, Anthony, Hampton, MCW, Fultz (inj)
SG: Harris, Ross, Bacon
SF: Wagner
PF: Isaac, Okeke
C: Bamba, Carter

Makes me wonder what we'll do. Hampton and Suggs can both play SG, Ross and Bacon can both play SF.

We have a few guys we could offer new deals to such as Ennis, Randle, Porter Jr and Mo Wagner.

I kinda hope they find a way to move Harris, Ross, Bacon and MCW and just go full tank mode while giving all these young guys a lot of playing time with a view to hitting 2022 with Isaac, Fultz at peak health and another high draft pick on the books.

Suggs looked awesome in his summer league debut

24 points (50% from 3), 9 rebounds, 3 blocks!

Watched the game, he looked real good. Wagner, Cole and RJ were all disappointing though.

But Suggs looks so in control playing like an established player. He’ll go close to rookie of the year

I think there are two main takeaways from Summer League for us so far. Firstly, Suggs can play. Secondly, Cole doesn't know how to play off-ball and he's reverting back to forcing shots.

Cole seems like he is playing like he doesn't care because he isn't a rookie and has nothing to prove. I'm not reading too much into his performances but I think it's already clear that Suggs will start over him at this point. RJ has also been average at best, but both him and Cole are still young.

we all expected it but basically every "power rankings" list has us locked in at 30th..

Can't wait to shove it in everyones faces and finish with the 29th best record and get the 6th pick in the '22 draft somehow ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else concerned with Suggs struggles in his first 5 games?
nah not really, PG's often struggle early as it is the hardest position to play, especially on a new team with new plays. I am definitely impressed with Wagner's first 5 games though

Only thing was the shooting splits have been poor. Everything else I was ok with.
Any word on when Isaacs, Fultz and Okeke will be back?

Turnovers have also been a problem for Suggs. He's 9th in the league for total TOs. If we had the option we should be giving him less time on the ball to ease him into playmaking but with no Fultz, Moore or MCW he has to learn through his mistakes. Hopefully, his confidence doesn't get shot in the process.

With his shooting, yeah, it's been crap, but it's hard to imagine him not being at least an okay shooter. He's 16/20 from the line and he's made about 3 deep threes this season, including pre-season and summer league. The mechanics also look good. It makes sense that nobody is worried about this.

such a huge uplift from last season, sure we're gonna be in the lottery but we've been running with the youngest starting line-up in the history of the game and man it's exciting watching these guys play

Also a stark contrast to being a Geelong fan :tearsofjoy:

Wendell Carter Jnr has been huge. Career high points, career high rebounds.

went from last season attempting 0.9 threes at 29%, this year attempting 3.9 at 45%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back