Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft is about 6 deep, which is fantastic as far as drafts go.
I'd be hoping for a playmaking SF, I also be happy with dynamic SG.
Just no more PFs

Draft is about 6 deep, which is fantastic as far as drafts go.
I'd be hoping for a playmaking SF, I also be happy with dynamic SG.
Just no more PFs
Yeah I want a SG as well. We gave away Dipo. I want something as good as T-Mac, but it's probably wishful thinking.

I'm kinda over us taking big men that aren't up to it.

Yeah I want a SG as well. We gave away Dipo. I want something as good as T-Mac, but it's probably wishful thinking.

I'm kinda over us taking big men that aren't up to it.

TMac was my favourite player ever.
Only chance for a 6 foot 9 inch beast like him is Cade Cunningham

Would have preferred green or suggs. But kuminga fits our recruiting MO to a t.
Yeah I like Green a lot. Cleveland or Toronto could possibly pick up Kuminga leaving Suggs or Green to us, unlikely but not totally out of the question, regardless I’m keen on Kuminga anyway.

Yeah I like Green a lot. Cleveland or Toronto could possibly pick up Kuminga leaving Suggs or Green to us, unlikely but not totally out of the question, regardless I’m keen on Kuminga anyway.

How do you have the line up looking with Kuminga?
C. Carter jr/Bamba
Pf. Isaac
SF. Okeke/Kuminga
Sg. Hampton/Ross
Pg. Fultz/Anthony

Any chance we'll trade both 5 + 8 up?

Hope so, but not sure any takers.
Toronto need there Lowry replacement.
Detroit needs a franchise player.
Cleveland needs a big and have indicated would sell one of sexton or garland if they pick up a point guard.
Huston maybe, they need young talent but pick 2 is a big ask.

This is maybe unpopular right now but I'd rather Barnes than Kuminga. Reading between the lines Kuminga might not be as selfless as Barnes and I don't want to take a guy who requests a trade to LA as soon as he blows up. Plus, despite what the obvious consensus might be before the draft, this always changes significantly within months.

Bouknight is my preference at number 8. In which case the roster would look something like:

C: Cater Jr/Bamba
PF: Isaac
SF: Okeke/Barnes
SG: Harris/Ross/Hampton/Bouknight
PG: Fultz/Cole

When we sign those two rookies we'll be right at the cap largely thanks to Garry Harris. That team is very terrible until the players develop so using a MLE on some decent veteran free agents will be important. Unfortunately, players usually want to get both paid and to win so we'll probably end up with like Bobby Portis, Reggie Bullock, Patrick Patterson and so forth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you have the line up looking with Kuminga?
C. Carter jr/Bamba
Pf. Isaac
SF. Okeke/Kuminga
Sg. Hampton/Ross
Pg. Fultz/Anthony
Would be something like that, we have Harris as well who should start at SG, and can see us trading Ross out.

This is maybe unpopular right now but I'd rather Barnes than Kuminga. Reading between the lines Kuminga might not be as selfless as Barnes and I don't want to take a guy who requests a trade to LA as soon as he blows up. Plus, despite what the obvious consensus might be before the draft, this always changes significantly within months.

Bouknight is my preference at number 8. In which case the roster would look something like:

C: Cater Jr/Bamba
PF: Isaac
SF: Okeke/Barnes
SG: Harris/Ross/Hampton/Bouknight
PG: Fultz/Cole

When we sign those two rookies we'll be right at the cap largely thanks to Garry Harris. That team is very terrible until the players develop so using a MLE on some decent veteran free agents will be important. Unfortunately, players usually want to get both paid and to win so we'll probably end up with like Bobby Portis, Reggie Bullock, Patrick Patterson and so forth.
Yeah I like Barnes a lot, was hoping for Green with our first pick and Barnes with the Chicago pick.

But we need scoring as a priority, Barnes is a lot like Issac with his defence so I’m not sure that’s what they’ll look for with out first pick, although Issac and Barnes will be a nightmare together for the opposition.

Was reading Kuminga liked the Orlando bubble and could tank the top 4 interviews to get to the Magic, but this is just speculation. His parents still live in Africa so I’m not sure he’ll be as keen to get back to LA as others have been, but who knows.

You heard it here first. Barnes is now basically the consensus.

I'm really excited for the draft but I'm finding it hard to fall in love at anyone at #8. Despite that, I think the more bites at the cherry the better so I would be hoping we take the pick.
Barnes over rated IMO especially at pick 5.
Draymond Green type player and we need our Curry and Thompson before we take that type of player. We already have defensive forwards in Issac and Okeke and with Fultz, Cole and Hampton we don’t need Barnes’ playmaking either.

We need scoring, and while a fair bit of work is needed Kuminga is a much more aggressive scorer. He has a decent shooting stroke he just takes bad shots, he gets open 3’s and decides to move for a contested mid-range which worsens his percentages.

We haven’t had a 20 point scoring wing or backcourt player since Tracy Mcgrady. It’s about time we look for a scoring wing. I’d prefer Kuminga at pick 5, or Bouknight and even Moody over Barnes. The other 2 are my preferences at pick 8.

With Pick 8 I feel like we can take the risk on kuminga at pick 5.

Barnes a safer option, could be a decent role player, but we need a star/franchise player and the other 3 are more likely IMO

Last edited:
Barnes over rated IMO especially at pick 5.
Draymond Green type player and we need our Curry and Thompson before we take that type of player. We already have defensive forwards in Issac and Okeke and with Fultz, Cole and Hampton we don’t need Barnes’ playmaking either.

We need scoring, and while a fair bit of work is needed Kuminga is a much more aggressive scorer. He has a decent shooting stroke he just takes bad shots, he gets open 3’s and decides to move for a contested mid-range which worsens his percentages.

We haven’t had a 20 point scoring wing or back court scorer since Tracy Mcgrady. It’s about time we look for a scoring wing. I’d prefer Kuminga at pick 5, or Bouknight and even Moody over Barnes. The other 2 are my preferences at pick 8.

With Pick 8 I feel like we can take the risk on kuminga at pick 5.

Barnes a safer option, could be a decent role player, but we need a star/franchise player and the other 3 are more likely IMO

That's a pretty solid argument and I would be ok with Kuminga. He has desirable features and I like that he's so young. My argument for Barnes is pretty simple though, he's more of a competitor and I'm assuming this carries through to work ethic. I also think that the draft is a crapshoot and who makes it will be decided more by personality than the difference in what skills they've flashed to date. Having said that, if I'm wrong and Kuminga has this great drive, I'd reconsider my position.

That's a pretty solid argument and I would be ok with Kuminga. He has desirable features and I like that he's so young. My argument for Barnes is pretty simple though, he's more of a competitor and I'm assuming this carries through to work ethic. I also think that the draft is a crapshoot and who makes it will be decided more by personality than the difference in what skills they've flashed to date. Having said that, if I'm wrong and Kuminga has this great drive, I'd reconsider my position.
I shouldn’t of said Barnes is overrated, top 10 pick, just every mock draft has his him 6th or higher.

Best thing I like about him is his work ethic during games especially on the defensive end. Whenever the team misses a field goal and the opponent rebounds he is running hard back to set up, while Kuminga has lapses on the defensive end.

Orlando needs a franchise player, while Barnes can be a high level role player (and a safer pick) I just don’t see him being the star we need.

Kuminga could end up being nothing, but he could be the Jimmy Butter or Paul George we need. I’d rather take the risk on getting a star player.

our new coach gives me more faith on selecting someone like Kuminga

Remove this Banner Ad

Back