eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
What type of player is Amiss. I heard that his name is contrary to his accuracy as he is an accurate shot at goal
Lead up forward with sticky hands, plays pretty traditional which may be a knock at the next level

I found the WA 19's v Perth game hard to get into tbh, feels like we're not really learning anything new apart from the fact a lot of these guys should be playing at WAFL senior level, and that Amiss is increasingly widening the gap between himself and the other 3 WA KPP's. On Erasmus's performance though, he was copping a ridiculous amount of physicality/ sh*t from the opposition, not really in the spirit of the contest imo, but I'll give him a little more leeway for errors considering he was copping rib ticklers
Form slump for Williams or more to it?

Form slump for Williams or more to it?
I haven't seen his lead up to the U19s trials games so it's hard to say for sure, but I think more to it. I know there's doubts over his athleticism as a forward and I really doubt any club is going to see him as a viable ruck option in the future, the best thing for him would be to find ways to get a bit faster (show commitment to it at least) and nail down one position imo

eDPS
Draft range thoughts on Blake Howes and Kai Lohmann at this point?

Liked both their games today.
Howes is an interesting one. Clubs will be very enticed by his athletic profile and versatility
Needs a strong championship series to show he can step up at higher standard Also needs a bit more urgency when he doesn’t have the ball such as defensive traits

If you have a heraldsun subscription you can watch that particular game on the site. All other games though are no longer added to YouTube which is a shame

Thanks. Was looking for it on the app earlier. Didn't realise they were playing it on the herald sun page instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few games I got to see the last two days

Friday night between Western Jets and Geelong Falcons. The two standout players draft wise for me where Paul Curtis and Mitchell Knevitt. Both have some great traits and some upside, Curtis is showing himself to be one of the gun small forwards of this years crop and he managed a season high 21 disposals so he worked up the ground pretty well and was super clean with his hands and ball use. Knevitt was also clean at stoppages and around the ground, at 193cm and a fairly good athlete to boot I can see a few clubs looking very closely in the 2nd round at this stage. In terms of 19 year olds Liam Conway was very good for Western and Gadsby has had a great year up forward for Geelong and continued that again.

Got to watch a stream of Carey vs Wesley in the APS. For Carey it was Anthony Caminiti that really impressed up forward kicking I believe at least 5 goals and some really impressive ones in the heavy wind at that, Braden Andrews started well down back but was quieter after the first half. Sam Grant good in the ruck and forward and Eli Taylor good down back as a 2022 prospect.

For Wesley the standouts where Pat Voss who played mid and forward and would have kicked at least 4 goals aswell, hard to gauge as a prospect due to his already strong size but looks versatile at least. Elijah Tsatas was all class in the midfield and kicked a stunning goal on the run from 50m he is certainly in the top end for the 2022 draft.

In the WA game it was dominated by the mids, Sheldrick started like a house on fire and kicked 2 goals from the midfield aswell but faded poorly in the second half he reminds me a bit of Alec Waterman. Dittmar was solid in the midfield and very clean hands at ground level but didn’t find to much of the ball. Matt Johnson had some very impressive moments and finished with 19 disposals to be one of his sides best.

Erasmus wasn’t nearly as clean with his kicking as last week with some absolute shanks on his opposite foot but again found plenty of it with 28 disposals and still looked very classy, I was hoping his game skills wise at the start of the year was an aberration after last weeks effort but maybe last week was the aberration.

In terms of bolters Jahmal Stretch again had some very exciting moments with his leap in marking contests, Bryce Watson again very good down back and might be a draft Smokey. Brady Hough a good game aswell and like his game a few weeks ago aswell.

Wasn’t the best game from Williams up forward and a mixed bag for Van Rooyen and Bazzo down back. Amiss the pick of the bunch but was uncharacteristically poor in front of goal kicking 2.4 but still a solid game from him.
You reckon Hough is a sneaky rookie chance? I like him

View attachment 1087834
View attachment 1168118
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Got an update for us mate?

eDPS

What's the go with Ned Long Ed, started the season on fire but hardly sighted since, school footy at Mel Grammar or injured?
Been injured unfortunately, I’ve brought him back in because I feel he would have projected to be in most top 20s if he played any games like he had so far this year while playing for Metro. Ward was able to enhance his stocks and Long sadly didn’t get the opportunity due to injury, he could have sank playing from Metro though so he is certainly touch and go for me still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back