Game Day 2023 AFL Futures Game - Come watch the best of the 2024 Draft Class from 9:30 AM AEST onwards!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of players not getting a run in first half or very limited will get more this half. And switch sides.
see it pretty often unfortunately, versatile players generally played away from the midfield to accommodate others that only play mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rome Burgoyne even been on?

Back pocket, looks to be playing on/moved to Kako.

O'Sullivan is going to be one of thise players who the supporter base will love one game and hate the next. Loves taking the game on but does a bit much at times

Herbert is a classy player.
Really early and need to watch more of him, but is this outside leaning generally? Has seemed more rushed under pressure with his ground ball execution and kicking than I expected

Really early and need to watch more of him, but is this outside leaning generally? Has seemed more rushed under pressure with his ground ball execution and kicking than I expected

He's generally the opposite, very unflappable and good off both feet, has a burst when needed but yes he is outside leaning for sure, he likes space, with body on him you can thwart his influence. I think sometimes he can try and kick the ball too hard which results in the ball going past the intended target but one of the better kicks in next years class.

Ben Campo BOG for mine, he was superb.

He's generally the opposite, very unflappable and good off both feet, has a burst when needed but yes he is outside leaning for sure, he likes space, with body on him you can thwart his influence. I think sometimes he can try and kick the ball too hard which results in the ball going past the intended target but one of the better kicks in next years class.

Ben Camporeale & Travaglia for me

Good to know, definitely like a lot about him early on.

Agree on Campo as BOG, and so did the judges! Thought Moraes was the main one from Selwood that had rights to it, but really there weren't many players that stood out consistently, everyone had moments and it was a really high level

Good to know, definitely like a lot about him early on.

Agree on Campo as BOG, and so did the judges! Thought Moraes was the main one from Selwood that had rights to it, but really there weren't many players that stood out consistently, everyone had moments and it was a really high level
Was he voted best on?

How did Tom Gillett go? Friend of my son, great kid!

I thought he was the most impressive of the tall's that played today.
Had an injury scare early in the game, after which he left the field assisted, he then latter returned and the longer the game went the better he got.
Seemed to have good skills for a kid that tall.

Brisbane have themselves a good prospect on their hands.

I thought he was the most impressive of the tall's that played today.
Had an injury scare early in the game, after which he left the field assisted, he then latter returned and the longer the game went the better he got.
Seemed to have good skills for a kid that tall.

Brisbane have themselves a good prospect on their hands.
I have known him for a long time. Good on ground balls and good kick. Very good forward. Thanks for your update. I really hope he gets drafted. Not sure why another young star Ryan Gilder wasn’t selected. That kid has talent and has played with Tommy at Sherwood for a few years. He is around 193 cm and has real speed. Tommy moves well, especially for a guy around 203cm.

I have known him for a long time. Good on ground balls and good kick. Very good forward. Thanks for your update. I really hope he gets drafted. Not sure why another young star Ryan Gilder wasn’t selected. That kid has talent and has played with Tommy at Sherwood for a few years. He is around 193 cm and has real speed. Tommy moves well, especially for a guy around 203cm.
There was a trial game played about 2 months ago, to select kids for this game.

My understanding is that Gilder was injured just before the trial game and was 50/50 to play.

He did play and I watched the trial game. He was very ordinary. Was played in defence and through the midfield. He looked very lost when playing midfield, and my opinion was he should have just played defence. When he did play in defence, he had very few chances to stand out, and he missed the one or two instances he did have.

Today was a one off showcase event.

It doesn’t really mean much in terms of whether a player gets drafted or not.

What is most important for any draft prospect is their top age year, and they play their best during the U18 Nationals and back end of their season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back