eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:

eDPS - love your work. Who do you think the most damaging players are on transition / exiting the stoppages? Hawks have struggled for ages with impact after winning the ball or moving it inside 50 (due to a lack of speed and class). Would it be Sinn, Chesser, Sonsie, Draper, wanganeen-milera? Who would you rate as the best/most damaging?

Ed, thoughts on Johnson yesterday? I was confused watching him (and I'm not going to pretend this was basically the first time I did). On one hand, it looked like he had all the time in the world, on the other hand, it looked like he didnt care and was just cruising around in 3rd. Is that just how he naturally looks because I feel like there were a few contests where there wasnt the effort there. Is it just he's extremely slow?

hey eDPS, thoughts on Knevitt and how far he could climb? would he be an option for essendon as that bigger mid Cheers
He certainly has upside as a big bodied mid and fairly athletic aswell. I have him just outside the top 20 at this stage but wouldn’t put it last clubs to take him in the top 20 but not sure he is in the mix for Essendon

Tall pacey midfielders needed emergently at the Lions any in the ball park at either of the Lions two first round picks?
Tall pacey midfielders usually go fairly high and Callaghan is of course out of reach. Josh Goater/Arlo Draper/Campbell Chesser could be in the mix and for more outside types/wingman I would say Wanganeen-Milera or even a sneaky bid on Mitch Owens in the top 20 to take him away from the Saints.

eDPS - love your work. Who do you think the most damaging players are on transition / exiting the stoppages? Hawks have struggled for ages with impact after winning the ball or moving it inside 50 (due to a lack of speed and class). Would it be Sinn, Chesser, Sonsie, Draper, wanganeen-milera? Who would you rate as the best/most damaging?
In terms of users going inside 50 the likes of Matthew Johnson/Josh Ward/Zac Taylor can use the ball beautifully by foot but with that added speed it would be the likes of Sinn/Sonsie/NWM who fit the bill. Draper and Chesser do have the speed but I haven’t seen them use it in game this year.
Ed, thoughts on Johnson yesterday? I was confused watching him (and I'm not going to pretend this was basically the first time I did). On one hand, it looked like he had all the time in the world, on the other hand, it looked like he didnt care and was just cruising around in 3rd. Is that just how he naturally looks because I feel like there were a few contests where there wasnt the effort there. Is it just he's extremely slow?
I think he is more laconic than slow, it’s same with Arlo Draper who doesn’t look nearly as dynamic as last year same as Johnson.

Just wondering where in the draft you think Hugh Jackson, Cooper Murley,Judson Clarke and Young Wangeneen Milera will fall and how you rate them and whether they fill the needs for the Hawks?Do you think they may still be on the board for our 2 x early 2nd selections.
Just wondering also if any of Chesser,Sonsie or Rachele may fall back to those selections?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think you can see Richmond trading for the Dogs first round pick to give them the draft capital for Sam Darcy, or do they already have enough?

Just wondering where in the draft you think Hugh Jackson, Cooper Murley,Judson Clarke and Young Wangeneen Milera will fall and how you rate them and whether they fill the needs for the Hawks?Do you think they may still be on the board for our 2 x early 2nd selections.
Just wondering also if any of Chesser,Sonsie or Rachele may fall back to those selections?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Murley may fall due to injury issues this year but at his best looked a top 20 talent so he may he a nice value pick later in the draft, Jackson i also have past that 30 mark that could be nice value. Judson Clarke I certainly have in the top 20 mix as his speed and footy IQ would translate well to the next level. Wanganeen-Milera is rising with every game he plays and I currently don’t think he will make it to your 2nd rounder.

Chesser maybe but I’d be shocked if Sonsie and Rachele fall outside the top 15.

Do you think you can see Richmond trading for the Dogs first round pick to give them the draft capital for Sam Darcy, or do they already have enough?
Whatever dogs do with that pick it would make sense to save that trade as late as possible for maximise what they could get for it, I’m not sure with the evenness of this crop that trading too much for that pick is a smart move on tigers part.

Whatever dogs do with that pick it would make sense to save that trade as late as possible for maximise what they could get for it, I’m not sure with the evenness of this crop that trading too much for that pick is a smart move on tigers part.
Yeah, I believe our draft hand this year is a golden opportunity to refresh the list on the run and not hang on like hawthorn so i hope we play our cards right

How?

Even if they win the flag which is pretty unlikely. It would be pick 18 + 2nd rounder/3rd rounder for 15. Even then its a loss.
I don't think the club trading in will see it as 'Pick 15 for 18 + change'. We saw it last year with Geelong trading in for Holmes, if there's a player the clubs really like around that range they'll do the deal regardless of points, especially if they dont an academy/ father-son of their own to worry about. Then it becomes more valuable the closer to the pick and they could potentially ontrade it for more

As a bit of a teaser I’ve done a little tier list for players which just shows how tight this years draft really is.

Nick Daicos
Jason Horne-Francis
-
Finn Callaghan
Sam Darcy
-
Neil Erasmus
Josh Gibcus
Josh Goater
Ben Hobbs
Josh Sinn
Tyler Sonsie
-
Jye Amiss
Campbell Chesser
Arlo Draper
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
Josh Ward
-
Mac Andrew
Tom Brown
Sam Butler
Judson Clarke
Josh Fahey
Blake Howes
Matthew Johnson
Mitchell Knevitt
Ned Long
Mitchito Owens
Josh Rachele
Matthew Roberts
Zac Taylor
Jacob Van Rooyen
Jack Williams
Darcy Wilmot
-
Rhett Bazzo
Paul Curtis
Brady Hough
Kai Lohmann
Connor MacDonald
Charlie Molan
Jesse Motlop
Cooper Murley
James Willis

Edit: Brady Hough added

Last edited:
Interesting you (and a few other BF knowledgeable draft watchers) have Rachelle a tier below the main stream media draft watchers.

Be interesting to see where the recruiters have him.

I think he'd be a handy in orange and Charcoal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back