Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Moderate grade tear 6-8 weeks. With Chapman’s history they will be extra cautious. Likely hold off another week. I think that will see him in full training for a few weeks. Round 5 is 9 weeks from date of injury(ie 09/02/2024). Round 1 and 2 WAFL get in before start of round 5.

I think it very likely with no match conditioning and none of the scratch match games that he will need a couple of weeks in WAFL.

So I’d say based on all of this 9-10 weeks before being in a position for AFL selection is about right.

I’d expect him to be in full training and/or mins in WAFL around round 3 of AFL.

Also jogging at half pace around the oval is no where near 100% sprinting. The physios get them moving pretty quickly these days otherwise scar tissue can be a nasty biarch.

I don’t think it’s that bad. I was told it was better than they were expecting. Unless they were expecting a real bad one.
I know for certain that the type of injury he's done generally has a ~ 4-8 week recovery. Add to that his past history and ten weeks sounds about right. They were just expecting it to be a lot worse based on how he injured it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word going around that Luke Ryan was struggling a bit after the game
He definitely copped a knee to the kidney area. Schofield was talking about how heavy a hit it was. Can’t remember when it was. Hopefully the reference to “struggling” means very very sore. He played solid mins last night. He can have a week off if need be.

Word going around that Luke Ryan was struggling a bit after the game
Took a big knee in the ribs from Allen I think. Was down for a bit. Can’t recall who his opponent was (Pearce?) but allowed Allen to get the contest as Ryan was backing back into the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back