AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone else been able to see Anzac Day when they go into the AFL Live app and access their AFL membership?

I was looking through tonight and it has all available games listed in there out to round 15, i was able to click on Anzac Day and now it says i have 1 ticket, but that cant be right can it? Round 7 for AFL members isnt even on sale yet.

My brother in law is a Hawks club member (just a GA member). He said there was no booking fee to reserve a seat for Hawks home games... why are AFL members slugged to book every game??

Are there any bars that serve full strength beers in the AFL Members for night games?

does the Haydn Bunton sports bar sell full strength but only inside? For some reason thought they did then that was the hack, ask for a plastic cup and pour it in your way out..could be wrong though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you put AFL membership / payments on hold due to medical reasons. How’s it work.
Yes you can choose to become an absentee member - you still have to front $170 for the season with no access but it holds your place as a full member or on the waitlist.

Previously there was really no restrictions on this but my wife went absentee last year and received a letter with her renewal in November stating that from this year members would only be able to go absentee for 1 year throughout the life of the membership. Not sure how strict they'll be on this though.

Yes you can choose to become an absentee member - you still have to front $170 for the season with no access but it holds your place as a full member or on the waitlist.

Previously there was really no restrictions on this but my wife went absentee last year and received a letter with her renewal in November stating that from this year members would only be able to go absentee for 1 year throughout the life of the membership. Not sure how strict they'll be on this though.
A lot of members went absentee during covid but not sure how long you could take

A lot of members went absentee during covid but not sure how long you could take

From AFL Membership T&C. At least it looks like they're tightening up the loophole, but it won't come into effect until 2025. Despite that, you can apply for hardship relief which will be treated on 'case by case basis'.

21.9. Absentee Members: An AFL Absentee Membership allows you to place your AFL Membership on hold, while your AFL Membership is maintained. From 2025, an AFL Absentee Membership is available for a maximum of one year for the duration that the membership is held (any previous years of Absentee Membership will not be counted towards this limit). AFL Gold and Silver Members may obtain an AFL Absentee Membership for an annual fee of $185 (inc GST) for adults and $95 (inc GST) for AFL Juniors, upon provision of a letter or email accompanying the renewal application outlining your AFL Absentee status. AFL Gold Absentee Members are unable to reinstate their previous AFL Membership to Gold status after 31 May 2024.

Last edited:
Do the AFL members have any bars? The L2 ones are now off limits aren't they?
The dining room on level 2 is usually open to drink heavy in pots, however on the Boxing Day test this year they only sold middies in cans which is a shift. Who knows if they’ll continue on their poor service offering by having this as a trend for the footy

The dining room on level 2 is usually open to drink heavy in pots, however on the Boxing Day test this year they only sold middies in cans which is a shift. Who knows if they’ll continue on their poor service offering by having this as a trend for the footy
Booze price is the 1 reason I no longer go to games to watch.

I love a beer while I watch the footy but those crooks are taking absolute liberties with the prices they charge.

I’ll be watching at The Coopers Inn for our games this year.y

(Edit: Still a paid up member with game day access - just no desire to have my pants pulled down by Spotless / Delaware North Catering)

Booze price is the 1 reason I no longer go to games to watch.

I love a beer while I watch the footy but those crooks are taking absolute liberties with the prices they charge.

I’ll be watching at The Coopers Inn for our games this year.y

(Edit: Still a paid up member with game day access - just no desire to have my pants pulled down by Spotless / Delaware North Catering)
For full strength, the prices aren’t that out of step with a lot of city pubs charging around $12 a schooner. For midstrength great northern, being expected to pay the same amount is a farce. Outside of the CBD/Richmond, there’s plenty of places selling schooners for $7-10 and occasionally as low as $5. But can’t really argue the beer prices are extortionate compared to other City venues. What is completely lacking however is the service - changing the offerings for boxing day to mid only was very poor and they no longer serve pint glasses in the bunton which were slightly better value for money and saved queuing as fast. Definitely a lot of erosion in the AFL members offering with the area not even being separated from the public these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back