Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

So say it quietly but his relaxed style and the way he moved and kicked reminded me a lot of Tarryn
As long as Duursma's Insta game doesn't remind you of Tarryn then you don't have to whisper it.

A learned talent spotter told a learned Mod (The Filth Wizard) that Duursma was our Tarryn replacement, I suspect there will be many more drawing this comparison as his career progresses.

You probably wont appreciate the comparison but he always reminded me of Hird in his junior year. Especially during his stints in the middle pushing forward.

Probably will need a few preseasons in the gym but lots of talent. Great hands yesterday.
Thats actually a good comparison!.....If memory serves me right he's taller Hird though.

You probably wont appreciate the comparison but he always reminded me of Hird in his junior year. Especially during his stints in the middle pushing forward.

Probably will need a few preseasons in the gym but lots of talent. Great hands yesterday.
Just about to post that.

A young Hird the way he moves.

How's the tap @ 1.47 to Kerch I think.

Its great to have these kids who think so quickly and choose good creative options.
Was about to mention that exact tap Ferbs, might have even been to CZ at a glance but either way holy smokes… he plays surprisingly tall

Surprised me yesterday with his ability to read the play.

Looked a bit off the pace with some of his defensive running but I assume that's going to grow as his tank gets better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched his highlights pleasantly surprised how good he looks. Can’t understand why that mark he took 20 metres out wasn’t paid and what happened to his kick from the last mark he took ?

Just watched his highlights pleasantly surprised how good he looks. Can’t understand why that mark he took 20 metres out wasn’t paid and what happened to his kick from the last mark he took ?
I think it was just too good for the umpire in his limited intellectual capacity to fathom that it was possible for a skinny rookie to actually take that mark.

While I loved his performance yesterday, I'm mostly excited that there is now genuine competition for forward spots. The cream will rise to the top.

While I loved his performance yesterday, I'm mostly excited that there is now genuine competition for forward spots. The cream will rise to the top.
Agree, said yesterday there will be times now in a game we will be able to score quickly and heavily which will hopefully get us wins ,we have options . However , I think our more attacking style will lead to the opposition still being able to do the same . Midfield defensive mindset will start to improve to help rectify this and help our inexperienced defence.

I think he got too close to the man on the mark. Got dangerously close on his 2nd set shot as well. He'll work it out.

I really like the Hird comparison. Will have Hird's build, smarts and skills over his career. Exciting times!!

The mark wasn't paid because the umpire was blindsided. From the camera angle it was a clear mark

Kicking into a 6 goal breeze and he was cooked after his first real hit out - they all were.

This kid is going to get Roo supporters off their seats. Just wait until we hit finals - BGZ!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back