Preview Preview/changes - Round 3 v. Port Adelaide (Viney 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's a bit different from when he did his eye cause you can't really punch him in the head to test out his eye socket. Don't love the idea of his ribs getting a work out just so we can be better odds for a match 5 weeks into the season.
If he plays an gets through unscathed he's a genuine savage. Plenty of blokes would miss longer with a turned ankle

just let us win this week but you can happily smash crows next week thanks.

just let us win this week but you can happily smash crows next week thanks.
You won't get rid of Hinkley with that attitude.

I think Goodwin would of left the Casey game thinking no-one did enough to even warrant consideration . Hore will probably start so take your pick on who will be sub .

May
“At this stage, Steven will miss this week’s match against Port Adelaide. We will continue to monitor his pain and function following that, in the lead up to our Round 4 game.”

Lever
“Pleasingly, Jake has been cleared of major injury to his right knee. He, instead, looks to have irritated a joint under his kneecap,” Richardson said.

“We will see how he responds this week at training, but we are optimistic he will be available for Saturday night’s game in Adelaide.”

May
“At this stage, Steven will miss this week’s match against Port Adelaide. We will continue to monitor his pain and function following that, in the lead up to our Round 4 game.”

Lever
“Pleasingly, Jake has been cleared of major injury to his right knee. He, instead, looks to have irritated a joint under his kneecap,” Richardson said.

“We will see how he responds this week at training, but we are optimistic he will be available for Saturday night’s game in Adelaide.”

Thank god they’re not trying to get May in for the Port game. If we win that I reckon he’ll miss the Crows game too.

Reminds me when Riewoldt ran out with a bad shoulder against Brisbane and he was immediately getting bumped from the Brisbane players.
Lol that was such a different time
From about 1 min - 3mins. Roo gets cleaned up by Charman who probably gets 4 for it now and wasn't even a free kick, then does his AC going for a mark and gets mauled by Scott and Michael.

tbf Charman did get two weeks.

Lol that was such a different time
From about 1 min - 3mins. Roo gets cleaned up by Charman who probably gets 4 for it now and wasn't even a free kick, then does his AC going for a mark and gets mauled by Scott and Michael.

If I recall when we made the VFL grand Final against Footscray Lin Jong played with a bad shoulder, but they tapped the opposite shoulder. Throughout the day our ressies and Casey boys bumped and got stuck into his shoulder all game, unaware they where bumping the good shoulder the whole time

If he plays an gets through unscathed he's a genuine savage. Plenty of blokes would miss longer with a turned ankle
He would have to be jabbed up to his eyes balls and wearing a protecting vest under his jumper. Even then I dont think its worth it for the potential pain youd feel after a game when it wears off. Finals maybe, but for early in the season games you'd hope we let him recover and are able to win some game without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would have to be jabbed up to his eyes balls and wearing a protecting vest under his jumper. Even then I dont think its worth it for the potential pain youd feel when it wears off. Finals maybe, but for early in the season games you'd hope we let him recover and are able to win some game without him.
100% Could be good for some of the younger guys to not have May there for a couple of weeks. If they can defend as well as they did against Hawthorn for a few games that would be huge for their confidence.

100% Could be good for some of the younger guys to not have May there for a couple of weeks. If they can defend as well as they did against Hawthorn for a few games that would be huge for their confidence.
Pretty sure flying with broken ribs sucks also, not exactly a long flight to Adelaide but youd hope they just let him sit these two weeks out.

He would have to be jabbed up to his eyes balls and wearing a protecting vest under his jumper. Even then I dont think its worth it for the potential pain youd feel after a game when it wears off. Finals maybe, but for early in the season games you'd hope we let him recover and are able to win some game without him.
I'm sure Joel Smith could have something for him to deal with the pain after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back