Preview Preview/changes - Round 3 v. Port Adelaide (Viney 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. If we win without turning it into a 56-55 snoozefest it’ll be pretty encouraging.
That was meant to be one of , bastards not a fully.
Meant no matter what if we lose there will be a built in excuse.

That was meant to be one of , bastards not a fully.
Meant no matter what if we lose there will be a built in excuse.

I honestly think we should win without Lever and May, I think the 22 we are putting out there even without those two is still better than Ports. Also their talls aside from Dixon aren’t going to monster our KPDs, they’re leading forwards.

Worst part is doesn't matter how we look or play. If we lose it'll be because May and Lever didn't play.

Ball movement still a big watch. We did seize up bad for a half again against hawthorn once they stopped dicking around with the ball.

Most Important player hands down is Oliver when it comes to our ball movement. If he gets kick happy like against the swans and last year we will look awful, if he's unselfish and takes the extra second to find the handball it brings all of Pickett, Chandler, ANB, Windsor, Billings etc into the game

Disagree. If we win without turning it into a 56-55 snoozefest it’ll be pretty encouraging.
Agree with Schmuttt here, if we lose 100 to 90 without May and Lever I'll be happier than if we win 56 to 55.

I honestly think we should win without Lever and May, I think the 22 we are putting out there even without those two is still better than Ports.
Petty looking s**t hot helps me relax a bit more without May
Agree with Schmuttt here, if we lose 100 to 90 without May and Lever I'll be happier than if we win 56 to 55.
Oh yeah and if the score is like that then you could mount an argument May or Lever does make a bit of a difference

Petty's training with the backs. Tommo with the seconds. Lever running laps.
Goody at his presser: "If I told you that [where Petty is playing], I'd be telling Port Adelaide".

Lord Nev sleeper agent, confirmed :cautiousv1:

* that, a one point win over Port Adelaide Pussies is what dreams are made of.
I'd ******* love that, I really would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* that, a one point win over Port Adelaide Pussies is what dreams are made of.
I'd ******* love that, I really would.
If its only going to be a point then make it 100 to 99 us. None of this 50 or 60 point boring s**t.

white line*
sniff
scratching chappelles show GIF

As if as a punchline, The Age reporting Clarry has left training to go to Dorovitch Pathology get a scan on his hand

Oliver in injury scare at Demons training​

Clayton Oliver left Melbourne training early on Wednesday has been sent for scans on a hand injury as coach Simon Goodwin said backman Jake Lever would play against Port Adelaide in round three despite aggravating his knee last weekend.

This masthead was at Casey Fields on Wednesday when Oliver left training early, grabbing at his right hand and in clear pain.
A club source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the injury was believed to be a dislocation that was unlikely to stop him playing, but the club had sent the dynamic midfielder for scans for certainty.

Meanwhile, Goodwin said that Lever would be OK to play this week despite suffering soreness in his right knee last week. Lever began the session with his knee strapped up but quickly removed the strapping and trained without any obvious concern.

Goodwin said Steven May, who cracked a rib in a marking contest with Mabior Chol last weekend, would fly to Adelaide with the team but was unlikely to play against the Power.

“We’re really confident [Lever will] play. So he’ll train today. We’re really confident he’ll be able to get through that session and be available for this week. So that’s exciting for our club after the weekend where there’s a bit of doom and gloom about having two key defensive pillars out,” Goodwin said.

“Steven May will just be the one week we think at the moment. He’ll run do some running today. And that might sound a bit strange to people but just to get a guide on where he sits. We’re confident he’ll travel to Adelaide with us. And we’re really, really hopefully he will play the following week.

“He’ll be knocking on the door saying put me in [this week], but I don’t expect it to be the case ... We certainly won’t be silly in that space. We’ll make sure that he’s right.”

Harrison Petty trained with the defenders on Wednesday.

Goodwin was coy before training on where Petty would play against Port Adelaide this week.

“If I told you that, I’d be telling Port Adelaide [but] we’ve got some options. You know, Adam Tomlinson’s played some solid footy. Marty Hore plays tall as well. So we’ve got some options in the back half of the ground.

“Harrison is one of those players that you’d love to have him at either end of the ground. So we’ll make that decision probably tomorrow.”

Really disappointed with the statement. Would prefer something like:

"Clayton Oliver has left training following regular testing at an unnamed pathology lab that may or may not have been in Heidelberg, and we will be making no further comment thank you"

Really disappointed with the statement. Would prefer something like:

"Clayton Oliver has left training following regular testing at an unnamed pathology lab that may or may not have been in Heidelberg, and we will be making no further comment thank you"

Yep. Missed a trick there.

I cant believe someone would speak like that about my favourite player, clearly hes been massive helping us to beat two genuine powerhouses in the Dogs and Hawks the past two weeks. Couldn't have beaten them without him.
Don’t even … oh forget it

So it sounds like Lever is fine to play against Port, with May a chance v Adelaide the week after. Huge news after the potential of both being out together for a few weeks.

So it sounds like Lever is fine to play against Port, with May a chance v Adelaide the week after. Huge news after the potential of both being out together for a few weeks.

They didn't visit the Dorevitch Pathology in Heidelberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back