Preview Preview/changes - Round 3 v. Port Adelaide (Viney 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm it's a hard call. Felt like we went in too tall initially today and Petty & TMac held up the backline OK when required. Is bringing in Tommo going in too tall again?

Do we need to bring in a KPD?

Port aren't crazy tall down there are they? We'll have TMac/Petty/Hore as the main three, honestly Howes could play on Marshall if required too.
The question I suppose is whether you'd rather Petty play back and Brown play forward, or have Petty play forward with Tomlinson coming in for Brown.

The question I suppose is whether you'd rather Petty play back and Brown play forward, or have Petty play forward with Tomlinson coming in for Brown.

I don't think we can play Tommo and TMac together, they're both way too slow. Put TMac on Dixon and pray it doesn't go bad, Hore/Petty to the other two. Frittas form means I think we just put up with Brown till May is back.

I don't think we can play Tommo and TMac together, they're both way too slow. Put TMac on Dixon and pray it doesn't go bad, Hore/Petty to the other two. Frittas form means I think we just put up with Brown till May is back.

Yeah I think this is it.

I still rate Tommo, but you can't play him and TMac as our two key defenders.

*Pending the game tomorrow

Is it too crazy to suggest Adams could even get a look in? Leave Petty forward.

OUT: May, Lever

IN: Adams, Hore

AMW Or Woey as sub.

(I always get confused with the ins and outs with bringing in the previous sub)

AMW Or Woey as sub.

Ports talls are Dixon/Finlayson/Marshall, and as of this week they don't have a 4th tall/ruck on the bench. Dixon is the only guy there that plays tall, don't think we need another KPD.

Ports talls are Dixon/Finlayson/Marshall, and as of this week they don't have a 4th tall/ruck on the bench. Dixon is the only guy there that plays tall, don't think we need another KPD.

Huh? So you're key defenders would be Howes and McVee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TMac, Petty and Hore. Could even play Howes on Finlayson or Marshall tbh

That's cool if that's what you want to roll with, but you were responding to my post where I said keep Petty forward, so it was pretty confusing tbh.

AMW Or Woey as sub.

Id be very surprised if Adams is ready. He'd have to have come a long way to be given that level of trust. Even Petty didn't really break through until his fourth season with May and Lever helping him.

Id be very surprised if Adams is ready. He'd have to have come a long way to be given that level of trust. Even Petty didn't really break through until his fourth season with May and Lever helping him.

Yeah that's fair. I just reckon it's likely May misses a month, I can't see Brown lasting that long so I'd rather keep Petty forward. We've gotta find out about these young blokes eventually, just wouldn't be against giving him a taste - pending the game tomorrow and him earning it.

Yeah that's fair. I just reckon it's likely May misses a month, I can't see Brown lasting that long so I'd rather keep Petty forward. We've gotta find out about these young blokes eventually, just wouldn't be against giving him a taste - pending the game tomorrow and him earning it.
I'm no fan of Brown but as long as we don't go back bombing it long to the pocket with every entry he's not as much of a liability.

I think we've shown with our development program that we're more than happy to wait until we believe these kids are ready. I'd almost written Howes off but he comes on this year and looks completely at home. Same thing happened with McVee and JVR last year. We'll see how Adams goes tomorrow but they'd only be picking him if they think he's ready.

I'm no fan of Brown but as long as we don't go back bombing it long to the pocket with every entry he's not as much of a liability.

I think we've shown with our development program that we're more than happy to wait until we believe these kids are ready. I'd almost written Howes off but he comes on this year and looks completely at home. Same thing happened with McVee and JVR last year. We'll see how Adams goes tomorrow but they'd only be picking him if they think he's ready.

Howes nearly debuted twice and copped injuries both times, but yeah you're right about the patient development. This is Adams second year though, so that would be similar to McVee and JVR in terms of debut. He'd have to have a great game tomorrow to get in the frame, but if it all fell his way I'd just be interested to see it. And yeah, Brown was great last week, a bit average today, but I'm more talking about the way they're managing him, I'm just not sure he gets through another 4 games without a break.

I dunno, maybe I'm just more excited about Petty instead of Brown and Adams instead of Tomlinson.

Howes nearly debuted twice and copped injuries both times, but yeah you're right about the patient development. This is Adams second year though, so that would be similar to McVee and JVR in terms of debut. He'd have to have a great game tomorrow to get in the frame, but if it all fell his way I'd just be interested to see it. And yeah, Brown was great last week, a bit average today, but I'm more talking about the way they're managing him, I'm just not sure he gets through another 4 games without a break.

I dunno, maybe I'm just more excited about Petty instead of Brown and Adams instead of Tomlinson.
Different kids develop at different rates but I take your point. In fairness I haven't seen a huge amount of Adams last year but from what I did see and the reports I read he seemed very raw, for comparison you look at JVR's first year at Casey and he was all but smashing down the door.

I'm all aboard the Petty forward train but we can only play the cards as they lie. Our backline is just way too important to our structure to leave to Tmac and a first gamer for mine.

Different kids develop at different rates but I take your point. In fairness I haven't seen a huge amount of Adams but from what I did see and the reports I read he seemed very raw, for comparison you look at JVR's first year at Casey and he was all but smashing down the door.

I'm all aboard the Petty forward train but we can only play the cards as they lie. Our backline is just way too important to our structure to leave to Tmac and a first gamer for mine.

Yeah all good points mate. I definitely won't be upset if Petty plays back, probably just feels like we're on a roll with some of the younger players and excited to see who's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back