- Availability: test

David Cuningham (calf)

Orazio Fantasia (illness)

Mitch McGovern (hamstring)
- Availability: one week

Matt Carroll (groin)
- Remains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: test. (Update: 30 April)
David CuninghamCalfAvailability: test. (Update: 30 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Orazio FantasiaIllnessAvailability: test. (Update: 30 April)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankBackProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 30 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)

Just guttered with all these injuries. Going to be extremely hard to bank wins in the next 5 to 6 games or at least until we have some better luck and get our boys back sooner than later. So disappointing and footy is such an emotional roller coaster.

Challenging circumstances for sure.

But I’m optimistic on reading Fog having no surgery - perhaps back sooner than expected?

At this point we’ve got good troops to. Come in such as Cowan and Cincotta

I still think the boys will bunker in and take some scalps in the next 5 games - just gotta stay in the mindset of H2 last year

That update is just embarrasing.

Motlop redone hamstring. Going to end up missing 12 weeks with a stubbed toe.

Now Marchy has a transverse fracture (no idea what that is but never mentioned before) . I think we just need to put a line through him no matter what happens now.

Non committal now about Cunners despite the fact he should almost be good to go based on the previous timeline.

Saad 6 weeks. Way worse then it looked.

Cerra and Gov only 1-2 weeks. Ill believe it when I see it. Seems light for guys with a hamstring history. Normally 2-3 is standard for even minor strains.

Serious questions need to be asked

Of all those injured players Cerra/Saad are the two we are going to miss the most IMO.

I don’t count Marchbank/Martin/Cunners they’re always injured and Martin would be the only one who is best 22 when fit.

Fog/Motlop we’ve got cover there but would prefer them over Owies/Durdin/Orazio.

Mitch I just don’t know what to make of him was horrible on the weekend before he got injured.

Doc is the one we really miss.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Andrew Russell got to go .. 5 weeks into the season and 5 players with hamstrings, cunners with a calf … Motlop doing a hammy twice in rehab… the guy has nearly broken sam Walsh for god sakes… enough is enough … i understand some of the perennially injured are letting us down but it has to be a problem with the program! Surely ?

10 best 22 players out of action this weekend! And at least that many for next week! 5 weeks into the season mind you and it’s happening every season.

Sorry unacceptable and we’re not getting value out of Andrew Russell’s salary. There has to be better out there. He has to go at seasons end. He must.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In simple terms, this is completely unacceptable. Hard to see this not compromising what we can achieve on field this year. Again.

Whoever is accountable for this should be moved on.

Are their bodies just not up to football, or is it something on their part that they're doing wrong? Like for example, not following recommendations or rehab guidelines?

Just look at Walsh, he is an absolute professional - out with a back injury and was pretty much our best player. You don't see Marchbank, Martin, etc making such an impact when they return. Not even half of it.

Here we go again - Sakc Russell 🙄

Seriously Aph, I know we like to sit around the fire and sing koombaya in here at times but it’s completely unacceptable … it is poor management as simple as that, year after year and he’s responsible for it on absolutely enormous money by all reports. This is a professional organisation at the top level not the local footy club.

He has to be moved on.

Seriously Aph, I know we like to sit around the fire and sing koombaya in here at times but it’s completely unacceptable … it is poor management as simple as that, year after year and he’s responsible for it on absolutely enormous money by all reports. This is a professional organisation at the top level not the local footy club.

He has to be moved on.
I don't think it's him, because it's the same players who are injured again and again. Perhaps their bodies are just simply not up to the task?

He has to be moved on.

No koombaya in here blueblooded.

I’m lost for words on our injury list & in disbelief that we also have 5 players with hamstring injuries which I have already mentioned - unheard of 😡

How do you know it’s Russell.

So many like to point the finger at AR as soon as the weekly injury list is announced by the Club.

Could be many others factors. We have Club Dr’s as well.

Sighs upon sighs….

Expectations for 2024 might have to be recalibrated. Let’s see how resilient these ‘next man up’ and ‘system over personnel’ mantras really are over the next month. I still have confidence, but definite shaken (not stirred 😁).

Time for Cowan and Cinc to shine.

No koombaya in here.

I’m lost for words on our injury list & in disbelief that we also have 5 players with hamstring injuries which I have already mentioned - unheard of 😡

How do you know it’s Russell.

So many like to point the finger at him as soon as the weekly injury list is announced by the Club.

Could be many others factors. We have Club Dr’s as well.
This isn't a one off. This is year after year. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back