Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 23rd April …

Four Blues facing tests​

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.
Availability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Matt CarrollGroinContinuing on his modified program.
Return to play will be further assessed in Round 7. (Update: 26 March)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 23 April)
David CuninghamCalfAiming to be test to play next week. (Update: 23 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankConcussionProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 23 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsAchilles sorenessReceived a knock to Achilles on Saturday and was subbed out of the game.
Jacob WeiteringCorkAvailability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Billy WilsonConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.

Seriously Aph, I know we like to sit around the fire and sing koombaya in here at times but it’s completely unacceptable … it is poor management as simple as that, year after year and he’s responsible for it on absolutely enormous money by all reports. This is a professional organisation at the top level not the local footy club.

He has to be moved on.

How do we know it’s him?

Motlop injured a hamstring while rehabbing from a toe injury and re injured a hamstring while rehabbing from that hamstring.

I think the rehab program has some issues.

That's essentially Motlop out for half a season now. Can't happen.

It could also be due to him not following his rehab plan so it would interesting if any of the ITKs know what the background is on Motlops injury.

There’a been rumours over the years that some of our players haven’t been the best trainers but like most I’m hoping that the new regime are fixing this sort of stuff.

As for the current injury crisis I take hope out of the fact we won a series of games against good sides last year without several star players.

That said there is a tipping point approaching where Voss will be forced to pick players they wouldn’t otherwise consider which is very bad.

5 plus years of data is evidence.

5 years of injuries yet still no proof why

FYI review concluded 2 years ago found that lack of standards especially regarding players was the main cause of injuries along with Teague controlling this and Russell not being allowed to do his job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That update is just embarrasing.

Motlop redone hamstring. Going to end up missing 12 weeks with a stubbed toe.

Now Marchy has a transverse fracture (no idea what that is but never mentioned before) . I think we just need to put a line through him no matter what happens now.

Non committal now about Cunners despite the fact he should almost be good to go based on the previous timeline.

Saad 6 weeks. Way worse then it looked.

Cerra and Gov only 1-2 weeks. Ill believe it when I see it. Seems light for guys with a hamstring history. Normally 2-3 is standard for even minor strains.

Serious questions need to be asked

Plus S Durdin has disappeared off the fact of the earth. Does the club hope we forgot about him?

And payed more than the coach

It’s pretty well known that he’s the highest paid fitness guy in the game so this wouldn’t surprise me.

It’s safe to say it’s been a shocking investment.

Apart from Charlie coming good under his watch the rest has been disgraceful! He hasn’t gotten Gov, Marchy, cunners, Martin right at all. They come back for a month, they get injured again. Cerra is pulling hammies twice a year at 24, Motlop is on his way to being another Martin …Sam Walsh has a bad back at 24, we do 1-2 ACLs in the pre season every year … we constantly have the longest injury list in the comp under his watch.

Writing has been on the wall for the last two seasons , we’ve done reviews into it and still the same issues . Think it’s pretty obvious where the issues lie.

Just want to add, some need to realise, that you can re-injure your hamstring for instance, if you increase your load. It happens.
Also, maybe the player is so keen to return, that he pushes himself too much. That’s pretty hard to control by anyone other than the player. It happens. Some might have even ignored the medical staff ……..……….even layman like us posters might have in a previous time. Very disappointing and terrible to see the same individuals but that’s the human body and I feel for players like March, Cunners, etc.

However, I blame the stadium, hamstrings, calf’s and Achilles …… bloody surface……

5 years of injuries yet still no proof why

FYI review concluded 2 years ago found that lack of standards especially regarding players was the main cause of injuries along with Teague controlling this and Russell not being allowed to do his job
The handling of Walsh back in 2022 was the final straw. Playing him with a crook back that ultimately led to him requiring surgery at 22 years of age.

It’s pretty well known that he’s the highest paid fitness guy in the game so this wouldn’t surprise me.

Apart from Charlie coming good under his watch the rest has been disgraceful! He hasn’t gotten Gov, Marchy, cunners, Martin right at all. They come back for a month, they get injured again. Cerra is pulling hammies twice a year at 24, Motlop is on his way to being another Martin …Sam Walsh has a bad back at 24, we do 1-2 ACLs in the pre season every year … we constantly have the longest injury list in the comp under his watch.

Writing has been on the wall for the last two seasons , we’ve done reviews into it and still the same issues . Think it’s pretty obvious where the issues lie.
Bingo💡💡

1. He’s not the highest paid
2. We have the best CEO in the AFL who is all about standards. If Russell was the issue he’d be gone by now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back