Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Walyalup (Freo) v Pies Fri May 24th 6:10pm WST/8:10pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably an unpopular opinion, but they should let Darcy go to Geelong (or wherever) if that ever becomes a possibility. They look so much better with Jackson in the ruck. The game is fast moving past those rucks that can dominate in the ruck but are liabilities in general play.

Most popular opinion ever, Freo are idiots for wasting so much currency on them both.

Their supporters are a bit delusional about it atm but they will come around eventually. Gawn and Grundy are both better players and they couldn't make it work together.

This all goes back to Freo stopping up the game when they had momentum in the 2nd
One of the most pathetically negative pieces of football I've ever seen. That simply has to be on the coaches because it clearly seemed to be an instruction. Just staggering.

BT summarising why they take players down to the change rooms because they can’t do what they want to do in the change rooms because its not available to them on the bench so they went down the change rooms instead

Dang, missed that. I don't listen closely enough, this would have hit me in the lolz.
Tough gig talking non-stop for two hours, you get some unintentionally funny moments like this when they get lost in a meandering sentence. Definitely admire the skill to just finish the pointless thing they were saying off for the sake of continuity and move into the next one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most popular opinion ever, Freo are idiots for wasting so much currency on them both.

Their supporters are a bit delusional about it atm but they will come around eventually. Gawn and Grundy are both better players and they couldn't make it work together.

I agree two rucks doesn’t work, but Jackson is a better player than Grundy currently is.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but they should let Darcy go to Geelong (or wherever) if that ever becomes a possibility. They look so much better with Jackson in the ruck. The game is fast moving past those rucks that can dominate in the ruck but are liabilities in general play.
Not unpopular at all, we should have kept Meek and cashed in on Darcy when we had the chance.

Sainte same thing last season myself agree. You don’t need two rucks

For those whinging about the Daicos free kick, it was out on the full as evidenced by the boundary umpire pointing to the spot for the man on the mark…

Was genuinely asking what it was for as I didn’t see that.

Maybe if we had competent commentators who actually called the game we might have known.

Belief is what will win this game. Collingwood have it & Freo don’t

Well that, and one team wants to play football and the other seems to be playing a strange brand of volleyball.

This is a Freo that is basically at full strength, barring Frederick, vs a Collingwood that has 6 players with less than 10 games.

A Freo that was playing decent footy, in decent form.

I am pretty bloody proud of that quarter, I still think Freo can over run us, but to be in this position, I'm chuffed.

Back