Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That pathetic first quarter proves why he's cooked as a coach. Too often over the last 3 years have we put in quarters or halves playing bruise free, zero effort football. The difference between our worst and best is massive and that is on the coach. And no it's not because we're young, there's 9 premiership players out there.

But he’s not allowed to change up the gameplan at half time either, because that’d be setting us back according to you.

Tough spot to be in.

St Kilda and North games away is where he should be judged rest of season. If the team loses those games with lack of effort like this game he should be gone end season
Even at our best we were dogshit in Tassie.

That will be where Norf get their win this year. Have to get past them here first too for what it's worth, which there's seriously ****ed signs if we don't.

Even at our best we were dogshit in Tassie.

That will be where Norf get their win this year. Have to get past them here first too for what it's worth, which there's seriously ****ed signs if we don't.
North should lose every game this season and if Simpson is unable to motivate the players to perform to not be North's only win then that's on him and his lack of motivation

Love the usual two suspects that only pop up after a bad loss reappearing like clockwork.

These thrashings were always still on the agenda and you are delusional if you think a young rebuilding side like us are going to play finals and win flags straight away. I suspect I am far from the only one that knew this was a real danger of being a massive reality check but even if we get dumped by 100 it doesn't change the fact we are heading in the right direction.

Love the usual two suspects that only pop up after a bad loss reappearing like clockwork.

These thrashings were always still on the agenda and you are delusional if you think a young rebuilding side like us are going to play finals and win flags straight away. I suspect I am far from the only one that knew this was a real danger of being a massive reality check but even if we get dumped by 100 it doesn't change the fact we are heading in the right direction.

I dont mind the thrashings. It's the lack of effort and care I cant stand. Today has had plenty of that.

How many senior players are playing and not putting in effort required?

I dont mind the thrashings. It's the lack of effort and care I cant stand. Today has had plenty of that.

Like I said, reality check.

Everyone knows we are susceptible to this kind of variation - the infamous Sydney game was just last year.

It will take time, Reid and Ginbey aren't going to be experienced senior players in 2025, and the oldies will also have to be phased out. Keep the faith because - let's be real here - would another head coach make a difference now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been rubbish for years. Maybe temper the expectations? There were some nuffies saying we may be a sneaky chance of going close to a final.

Extremely poor today. However, infinitely better over the course of this year compared to the last few.

I'm happy with the progress.
temper expectations ????.......we have to be competitive when we travel...yes we can lose but we need to at least compete

temper expectations ????.......we have to be competitive when we travel...yes we can lose but we need to at least compete
It's our first thrashing? In a season. Unacceptable, 100%. But tear the walls down and sack everyone, no.

There's a lot of list turnover still to come and replacing future retirements over the next 3 years

It's our first thrashing? In a season. Unacceptable, 100%. But tear the walls down and sack everyone, no.

There's a lot of list turnover still to come and replacing future retirements over the next 3 years
What happened 2 weeks ago?

First thrashing?

We've lost by 50, 65, 76, 66 and now 99 already this year

I'm not asking for tearing down the walls....I am wanting us to be competitive and we are not seeing that when we travel

Too many players and a lot of them are senior players...go to shit when playing away..you can't win finals and GFs with that mentality

its a huge challenge for the club and the way it is with travel theses days going to take us a very long time to get it right IMO

I'm not asking for tearing down the walls....I am wanting us to be competitive and we are not seeing that when we travel

Too many players and a lot of them are senior players...go to shit when playing away..you can't win finals and GFs with that mentality

its a huge challenge for the club and the way it is with travel theses days going to take us a very long time to get it right IMO
100%. We are looking at another 3 to 4 years of draft picks to get somewhere.

Performance is unacceptable. Don't think anyone said otherwise - either from fans, or from the club.

But sacking everyone isn't the answer.

The pieces are definitely in place, we will get there as long as we're patient. And - to repeat - what other head coach out there would achieve better results?

The good thing is we at least have real pressure from the WAFL players to displace those performing at an unacceptable level and our recent draft picks seem spot on. Need another couple of good drafts.

I still think we are at least 4 seasons away from finals and that's scary.
I think four seasons is one season too long but given where our list was at two seasons ago, expecting finals any earlier is wishful thinking. Things will get worse before they get better as the likes of Yeo and McGovern move on. There's enough to like from the young guys to suggest we'll have a pretty solid team when the core hits that 50-100 game mark.

Performance is unacceptable. Don't think anyone said otherwise - either from fans, or from the club.

But sacking everyone isn't the answer.

The pieces are definitely in place, we will get there as long as we're patient. And - to repeat - what other head coach out there would achieve better results?

The good thing is we at least have real pressure from the WAFL players to displace those performing at an unacceptable level and our recent draft picks seem spot on. Need another couple of good drafts.
Bit hard to answer that question when only 1 has had the opportunity....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back