AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (VC) - Signed to 2030 - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

You lot are judging who the better pick was out of McGrath and McCluggage after one season and two pre-seasons. Riiiiiiight. I'm sure Gold Coast were saying the same thing about O'Meara after his first year. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Yes it's a different situation but things can change very quickly.
How about we post whatever we want and you suck it up? Sound good?

Do you think many Hawke supporters would have picked McGrath over Raiyan Burtoneyeke in SuperCoach? His price would be very tempting to the serious SuperCoacher. Would be messing with their better judgment.

Given Burton runs around unfettered, picks up cheap kicks and marks in the backline and doesn’t actually play on anyone it’s not the worst idea in the world

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, let's just stick to talking about McGrath in here I think.

More talk about McGrath and less of the shockingly deliberate spelling errors.

This year has flown and McGrath's entering his 2nd season already.

More talk about McGrath and less of the shockingly deliberate spelling errors.

This year has flown and McGrath's entering his 2nd season already.
Question is, can he top his first year? Second year blues may come for him. But then he's Andy McGrath... if anyone can reach new heights with any consistency it's him, right? Is there a best second year award? Might have to settle for top 5 in the B&F. :eyes:

I actually think they should have a 'play of the year'.. like mark of the year and goal of the year, but for defenders and wingmen; spoils, bounces, selling candy, making the opposition look like traffic cones and all that good stuff.

Given Burton runs around unfettered, picks up cheap kicks and marks in the backline and doesn’t actually play on anyone it’s not the worst idea in the world

Careful, people use to say that about Heppell. Not sure why so many here are bitter towards Burton - seems like a fine young player.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was voted into the leadership group in the next few years. I reckon his leadership will become more apparent this year. Obviously we want him to focus on his footy, but he strikes me as the type who would flourish with added responsibility.

Careful, people use to say that about Heppell. Not sure why so many here are bitter towards Burton - seems like a fine young player.

Heppell has the Essendon media mafia help him win it, it’s the only explanation

Things can happen in the game quickly. Look at Alex Johnson at Sydney for a prime example. Wait until he has played a few consistent seasons in the game before the 'oh so glad we didn't draft such and such instead'.
Your 2 examples of why we shouldn't be thrilled are both players that have suffered shocking injury runs.

Nice work.

Man watching this kid develop is going to be so much fun he was awesome tonight!! A couple of contests he just kept making efforts, again and again!! So happy with him!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back