Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel it more because he’s my friend’s son, but it’s sad seeing how many adults have fun saying this stuff about a kid who has done nothing but be chosen in the draft and selected to play at AFL and VFL level, and is trying his hardest. If you have kids or you know any, have a think.
Spot on. No knocks on Jack. There is no doubt he has given it everything. I put the blame totally on Rawlings and Luff for drafting him. And then to rub salt into the wounds, they extended his contract!!!! That’s the kicker.

I feel it more because he’s my friend’s son, but it’s sad seeing how many adults have fun saying this stuff about a kid who has done nothing but be chosen in the draft and selected to play at AFL and VFL level, and is trying his hardest. If you have kids or you know any, have a think.
Not to mention, he’s already achieved more in his short time, than any of the keyboard w***ers on this board, including yours truly.

I’m not usually a pearl clutcher, but maybe we should give this player a break.
I don’t think effort has ever been an issue, and he didn’t pick himself.
Fair but i dont think most of the critsism is aimed at jack himself, like you say he never picked himself. I for one dont blame him for accepting the offer(s) put to him. And cant recall any comments that he is a bludger.

Maybe luffy will give us a first rounder from the blues for him since he rated him so highly

Above chad Warner lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he goes well tomorrow. 5 tackles 10 kicks plus a goal and it'll be considered a success. He has it in him. He's dangerous around stoppage in the forward line especially on the move attacking and have seen him pin Oppo htb in there. Average set shot though is the problem and can't kick far. If we wanna play fast players like him and Drury need to move the ball well forward.

He's already a bust in my eyes because he looked devoid of confidence last year.

Honestly, who knows what could happen on Sunday.

I hope he goes well tomorrow. 5 tackles 10 kicks plus a goal and it'll be considered a success. He has it in him. He's dangerous around stoppage in the forward line especially on the move attacking and have seen him pin Oppo htb in there. Average set shot though is the problem and can't kick far. If we wanna play fast players like him and Drury need to move the ball well forward.

Let's go crafty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back