Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

not being critical as it happens with every player at every club on bigfooty but it’s quite funny how the start of every one of these threads is basically ‘great pick, gun’ etc

Mahony needs to find a role at afl level where his skillset can be effective. It’s definitely possible he does have desirable traits. Good luck to him.

Must be a puzzle to the haters that a 3 time premiership coach has signed off on Jack's recruitment; somebody should tell Hardwick he's got no clue
Hardly a puzzle, simply a journeyman like backup for the likes of benny ainsworth. No way he is in the starting 22 with a healthy list,

Good luck to him, outside chance he could rack up 50 games which would be quite an acheivement.

not being critical as it happens with every player at every club on bigfooty but it’s quite funny how the start of every one of these threads is basically ‘great pick, gun’ etc

Mahony needs to find a role at afl level where his skillset can be effective. It’s definitely possible he does have desirable traits. Good luck to him.

I’m generally very optimistic towards draftees but the two picks I’ve been the most critical of was Jack Mahony and Will Walker. The Mahony pick was perplexing to me, especially when we had long been linked to Chad Warner.

I’d seen a bit of Mahony in juniors but couldn’t help but think he’d end up another Nathan Hrovat type who just didn’t have an athletic point of difference to overcome his height. I’d say I was on the money with that assessment.

I’m generally very optimistic towards draftees but the two picks I’ve been the most critical of was Jack Mahony and Will Walker. The Mahony pick was perplexing to me, especially when we had long been linked to Chad Warner.

I’d seen a bit of Mahony in juniors but couldn’t help but think he’d end up another Nathan Hrovat type who just didn’t have an athletic point of difference to overcome his height. I’d say I was on the money with that assessment.
I think Will Walker could have been really good if it weren’t for a wretched run with injuries. Early days there were some great signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back