Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on, when he went forward, he competed in the air and brought the ball to ground, which is unfortunately what BBB hasn't been doing. Helped that Adelaide are barely SANFL level as well.....Good stuff from Rhyce and the coaching staff to make a statement with those omissions.
Majak going back taking a couple of grabs was great to see. Although the intercept marking hasn’t been lacking this year.
between Walker and Daw, two players who can swap forward and backwards will be a nightmare for teams when they drift up and down the ground.

I think I sort of get where you’re coming from, RR. But, jeez, you really need to work on certain aspects of how you’re expressing yourself in this instance. You’ve left your post so open to (mis)interpretation here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree, but since we are on casual forum, the motivation to PC myself isn't nearly as strong lol but then again, we are not in a SJW echo chamber. If this was a university forum group, absolutely i agree with you, in fact if this was a uni group and there are a lot of young female members, i would just not post anything full stop. I think the only accusation i won't get is white privilege, everything else is game.

I agree, but since we are on casual forum, the motivation to PC myself isn't nearly as strong lol but then again, we are not in a SJW echo chamber. If this was a university forum group, absolutely i agree with you, in fact if this was a uni group and there are a lot of young female members, i would just not post anything full stop. I think the only accusation i won't get is white privilege, everything else is game.

Considering the context of this post I vote this the POTY.

Daw can only do his current thingies with goldie.
All our players can do their current thingies with Goldy. Daw helps Goldy in that he can push forward and Daw rucks for him. Do you want Zurhaar or Brown to ruck again?
Daw is an excellent 'nothing' type player in that because of his culture and upbringing, a mechanical regimented playing book would not suit him at all and that's why he struggled for any sort of consistency from 2010 until he was given the defense duty plus some free floating ruck plus pinch hit forward.
No. I highly suggest you go back (especially 2018) and have a look at his output under the previous regime. He was being rigidly placed in certain spots of the ground under Scott (before 2018) to keep structures in place with some rare stints into the middle for some added flexibility, that isn't in his power. In 2018, he just about was the difference in the backline when he was there. Especially in close games. That isn't an excellent 'nothing' performance. That is elite output for a player that finally got some freedom outside of a rigid structure. We were crying for him to be tried elsewhere and he exceeded the output he was pumping out forward.
The club is finally started to pick up on best practices in regards to highly talented but difficult to manage players.
I agree with this but this is a sentence that warrants a paragraph on its own. Not surrounded in the middle of a paragraph with mixed messages. Elaborate on this?
If we are pencilling him in as a specific type of player, i.e. power marking forward that roams the forward 50 then it adds stress to him which will result in injury because Daw would be doing stuff that his body is not used to.
How so? He has the body for it. The height, the burst of speed, the shoulders, arms... where do you want him then? BTW, he plays in the backline as well and gets stints in the ruck to give Goldy a rest forward. It is dangerous in the contests but he was fine in 2018. He has trained vigorously to get his body ready. It's weird reading that statement when you nailed the previous sentence.
I do believe the same mistake might be happening with Woods in that we seem to have a role pencilled in for him without giving regards to the suitability of the player.
We have tried a lot of things with Wood. He is just too inconsistent and looks like he isn't good enough. Has been given chances and failed. That's on him, not the coaches.
The team has to also evolve by the players we have at disposal. I really want to see Woods being trialled at half back, Atley in the middle, Polec centersquare on-ball.
We can trial Wood and Ats in different positions but we already have players in those positions playing well. Polec was trialled in the middle and didn't do as well as we had hoped.
These are players at the peak of their power so they need to be given output equivalent to their maturity. Also new roles mean new learning, and learning means growth.
I agree. I'm always for giving players a learning curve in new positions but that comes in a scenario where the player can equally reach the output they are currently pumping out in their current position. No point in dropping the output just for flexibilities sake. Sometimes simpler = better. For Daw though, it was something that worked because his body could handle it. Almost like we were under-utilising him.
If there is no growth one will get stagnant and complacent and eventually going backwards.
I guess there is some truth to this but there's something you've completely missed. Depth. Players get dropped.
Players like Atley, McMillan, Polec can give no more from their existing roles but adding new job descriptions, they might pick up new skills hencing opening up new opportunities that might actually make them flourish.
For Polec, we tried something different and he needs to work on that. For Ats and Jmac, we are trying different things with them to see if they can play better with a more versatile role. But time is running out for flexibility experiments and you can only try so many things until its time to deem them ready for another contract or 'cya later'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never having been involved in the university system, I’ll take your word for it. I would have thought your post was more convoluted rather than fashionably un-PC. Regardless, I agree with the gist of what I think you were saying.

Never having been involved in the university system, I’ll take your word for it. I would have thought your post was more convoluted rather than fashionably un-PC. Regardless, I agree with the gist of what I think you were saying.

i think i will keep to < 3 sentences, anything more than 3 sentences on BF is considered rambling regardless of spelling, grammar or logic....finally figuring this out.

i think i will keep to < 3 sentences, anything more than 3 sentences on BF is considered rambling regardless of spelling, grammar or logic....finally figuring this out.
actually im pretty sure you can get that done in 3 words.

You could also try for 3 or more sentences WITH good spelling, grammar, and logic. That is an option. Apparently a daunting one for you, but it's an option nonetheless.

WTF are you on about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back