Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell that to the students that have put a lot of time in to organising the event.

I suspect the poor bugger will shed tears all over the inside of his soccer mums beamer.

Such a tragedy.

Really? How many?

I know of at least 4 who booked tickets because Majak was going to be there.

And it doesn't matter if it was 400. He made a committment to attend this event and now at the last minute he has reneged.

And it doesn't matter if it was 400. He made a committment to attend this event and now at the last minute he has reneged.
Im more than happy to charge half what Majak did, organise an event at Captain Baxter the last Sunday in September and not only will the kids have all night access to Majak he might even shout them a drink or two!

PM for more details :)

Tell that to the students that have put a lot of time in to organising the event.
It was a joke about Maj's career path, not a dig.

Look, it sucks, but I doubt it was Maj's choice to renege on going. He and the club are still allowing him to be interviewed and for that to be aired at the event, which is much better than just shafting you and leaving you completely floundering.

I suppose they can just show up on Sunday with the rest of us.

Yeah it took bard Scotts 9 years to think of it and that was as a last resort

Welcome to the 10 percent

You always stuck by him - kudos

Confidence is all he needed

My reasons on why I thought he was worth sticking with as follows

• Ability to take a pack mark- never underrate that skill
  • What I saw from him in the VFL, did seem to own it when the mood took him
  • Not much on our list that he was holding back- that still stands today
  • His early ruck work was more than acceptable
  • Wasn't costing us much financially
  • Also think he suffered from Scotts inability to make change I can still recall that game against * where he had 14 disposals, 5 marks, five tackles kicked 2.2 and was dropped. Petrie that day didn't touch and did similar the following week. He should have played more often early, but wasn't part of the 'in' crowd.
It doesn't really matter and I actually don't care whether someone has stuck fat for years or jumping on now, just *en enjoy the ride I say.

I received this email for an event I am attending next week. This is very disappointing for the students that arranged this event and booked Majak months ago.
What possibably could the players be going to in Sydney other than an end of season piss up.

Update on Speakers - Majak Daw
The St Bernard's College Social Justice Network is disappointed to announce that we have been informed by North Melbourne Football Club that Majak Daw is no longer available to speak at our event in person.

The players will be on a trip to Sydney as the club is not in contention for finals. A student has been invited to North Melbourne Football Club to interview Majak, which will be filmed and shown at the event.

We are excited to announce that we have added two new wonderful speakers to the evening. Brigid Arthur, co-founder of Brigidine Asylum Seeker Project (BASP) and tireless advocate for refugees and Biong Deng Biong, Executive Officer at Edmund Rice Services Limited (ERCRS), refugee from South Sudan and passionate promoter of social harmony and equality.

While we understand how eager many ticket holders were to hear Majak Daw speak in person, we know the event will be another inspirational and thought-provoking night for everyone, as we celebrate the contributions of refugees and asylum seekers to our nation through hearing their stories.

We apologise for any disappointment and thank you for your support.
You're obviously a troll, kindly piss off.

What does this person expect? North supporters to turn on Majak because he stood up some private schoolboys?

A troll? No
Just someone who has seen the amount of time and effort gone in to organise an event only for those people to be let down, not to mention the 400 people attending the event.
If you don't think it's a bad look for Majak and your club, that's fine. I think it's it reflects very poorly on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A troll? No
Just someone who has seen the amount of time and effort gone in to organise an event only for those people to be let down, not to mention the 400 people attending the event.
If you don't think it's a bad look for Majak and your club, that's fine. I think it's it reflects very poorly on them.
People pull out of events all the time. It Happens.

Stop making mountains out of mole hills.

A troll? No

The struggling youth of St Bernards College will be in my prayers tonight.

Michael Gale did a clinic at our primary school once. I tried to kick a footy into his head when he wasn’t looking but I missed.
I got told to sit out and given detention during a school visit. Wasn't my fault - they sent us Mark Merenda and Ross Funcke. First warning was for asking them why we got Richmond players and not players from a good team. Final straw was telling Ross that in Germany the 'n' and 'e' in his last name are silent. I've hated Richmond ever since.

A troll? No
Good life lesson for the boys, at least get a contract in place..

Michael Gale did a clinic at our primary school once. I tried to kick a footy into his head when he wasn’t looking but I missed.
I got in trouble for asking John Platten what it was like being the only female playing afl.
He took it well, my primary school teacher was mortified.

• I also think he suffered from Scotts inability to make change I can still recall that game against * where he had 14 disposals, 5 marks, five tackles kicked 2.2 and was dropped. Petrie that day didn't touch and did similar the following week. He should have played more often early, but wasn't part of the 'in' crowd.
I was absolutely filthy on this, it still annoys me today. That constant need to back in at the expense of others who are performing was and is a major flaw of the team's. You back skill and experience, particularly in AFL vs VFL but when two players are in the team and one does nothing and the other plays a cracker... ugggh.

The struggling youth of St Bernards College will be in my prayers tonight.

We may not get along and we may not be internet friends, but sheesh you are the internet version of what Dave Warner is to 20/20...... when the mood takes you.

I do enjoy a s**t load of your work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back