Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was convincing...

Would you rather that or a pic of him walking up another mountain in the snow? The point being, he's working hard when he could be bumming around in Bali. I thought it was pretty much settled that the major benefit we see with the Utah thing was assimilating new players into North's "elite athlete lifestyle" anyway.

And he doesn't need to lift another weight in his life. He needs to get out and improve his aerobic fitness. His inability to run out games last year was embarrassing for the club.

He wasn't body building with those blokes. They're putting him through gut busting intense workouts aimed at increasing his general fitness and have him well prepared for a gruelling preseason in which he's said (in a recent interview) he intends to work very hard on improving his endurance to ensure he can contribute and contest for 120 minutes rather than drift in and out of games.

He wasn't body building with those blokes. They're putting him through gut busting intense workouts aimed at increasing his general fitness and have him well prepared for a gruelling preseason in which he's said (in a recent interview) he intends to work very hard on improving his endurance to ensure he can contribute and contest for 120 minutes rather than drift in and out of games.
GTFO with your facts and logic TT.

As per Page-3 of the Hun today, Majak is now doing some modelling.

A wise old man once told me: "Once footballers hit the catwalk, their on-field from drops". I hope he's wrong in this case.

balga just wants to express how much he doesn't like Daw.

How generous of him.

Why are 'our' supporters like this with our players ...
As per Page-3 of the Hun today, Majak is now doing some modelling.

A wise old man once told me: "Once footballers hit the catwalk, their on-field from drops". I hope he's wrong in this case.
His on-field form would be dropping from about a one story height. The man has played one decent game in the past 3 seasons, yet is lauded on here like he is the black version of Carey.

Yes he was

Yes he was

No he wasn't.

Now what?

WRAOi.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he wasn't.

Now what?

We keep this dance up.

No, seriously though. He is just there to burn calories and 'chase the pump'.
The club wont be handling players management very well if they let them to one off or even occasional sessions with endorses of the 'fitness lifestyle'

So who didnt go to Utah?
I actually dont rate the trip at all and am happy hes working hard here.

Cunningtons out fishing FWIW and Ziebell is playing PS4 amongst plugging some restaurants with Sam Wright.
* atleast Majaks training something.

So who didnt go to Utah?
I actually dont rate the trip at all and am happy hes working hard here.

Cunningtons out fishing FWIW and Ziebell is playing PS4 amongst plugging some restaurants with Sam Wright.
**** atleast Majaks training something.

Fantastic post Taz.

Majak as a battling best 22 player is criticised for working hard and being ultra dedicated, whilst fan favourites on huge salaries who do nothing to improve are beyond criticism.

Pretty strange really.

Last edited:
Utah's great and I think it's important for the younger players in terms of bonding and getting used to a footy club environment.

But as for the other more senior players, I couldn't give a flying * about what they're doing during THEIR BREAK, as long as they're ready to go on Monday and smash the pre-season.

Why are 'our' supporters like this with our players ...

I've been around this joint for nigh on 10 years, and I swear I have never seen anyone have the slightest degree of success taking that approach. (Not talking about the normal run-of-the-mill criticism here, but instead that handful of posters that have a serious hard-on for bashing that one player they have it in for at every opportunity.) It simply serves as a fast route to the poster in question having their opinion dismissed by others.

Why? Because it's not particularly sane behaviour, it's boring as s**t to read, and I don't recall a single previous instance where stalker types have won people over to their way of thinking via their obsessive attacks. On the contrary, it just tends to make people think they're a bit (or a lot) of a dick. And the lack of awareness around that from the poster(s) spewing the bile is absolutely staggering.

Can't fathom for a second why anyone would waste their time taking that tack. But then as a famous narcissistic drug-bag once correctly noted, people can be quite strange.

Perhaps it's less about
I've been around this joint for nigh on 10 years, and I swear I have never seen anyone have the slightest degree of success taking that approach. (Not talking about the normal run-of-the-mill criticism here, but instead that handful of posters that have a serious hard-on for bashing that one player they have it in for at every opportunity.) It simply serves as a fast route to the poster in question having their opinion dismissed by others.

Why? Because it's not particularly sane behaviour, it's boring as s**t to read, and I don't recall a single previous instance where stalker types have won people over to their way of thinking via their obsessive attacks. On the contrary, it just tends to make people think they're a bit (or a lot) of a dick. And the lack of awareness around that from the poster(s) spewing the bile is absolutely staggering.

Can't fathom for a second why anyone would waste their time taking that tack. But then as a famous narcissistic drug-bag once correctly noted, people can be quite strange.
Perhaps it is more about trying to bring down to earth a small handful of posters who laud fringe players before they have proven themselves. I'd love for Daw to become a consistently good footballer but until he achieves that he doesn't deserve to be showered with praise for two good games(ie v Dogs in 2013 and Crows in the 2016 final). One poster in particular(Naturally North) puts the interests of Daw ahead of the club. Some of his criticism of the coaching staff for Daw's non selection in the past has been galling. The fact he thinks that his knowledge of the game is superior to the coaching staff is embarrassing.

Utah's great and I think it's important for the younger players in terms of bonding and getting used to a footy club environment.

But as for the other more senior players, I couldn't give a flying **** about what they're doing during THEIR BREAK, as long as they're ready to go on Monday and smash the pre-season.

So you think Swallow, Higgo and LT had to make the trip and JZ and Cunners didn't?

You might not care, but some others might......

......especially when discussing very highly paid (underperforming) players carrying glaring physical deficiencies are not there.

So you think Swallow, Higgo and LT had to make the trip and JZ and Cunners didn't?

You might not care, but some others might......

......especially when discussing very highly paid (underperforming) players carrying glaring physical deficiencies are not there.
I agree Cunnington should have gone too. Like Daw, he lacks the aerobic fitness required to be a success at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back