1. Mitch Brown (2007 - 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there will be a draft next year to see which poster gets which player and I doubt I'll end up with Mitch again unless I get a good pick.

I think you should try enter that draft and see if you can get him though. That's providing the mods will let an opposition supporter enter it.

Thanks for all your interest thing year, by the way. I'm glad to see a passionate Mitch fan around.

How does this work exactly? What's this draft I have to enter? Love Mitch but if I'm taking it away from a WCE supporter who loves him more, I would rather they sponsor. If its anything like the Collingwood one where you meet the player that would be too hard from Sydney :(

How does this work exactly? What's this draft I have to enter? Love Mitch but if I'm taking it away from a WCE supporter who loves him more, I would rather they sponsor. If its anything like the Collingwood one where you meet the player that would be too hard from Sydney :(
Nah basically, kane249 posts a thread sometime in the off-season to put in for the sponsorship draft, you get a number randomly selected then if Browny's available when you get your pick you can grab him then the thankless task of posting news and having him on your sig all year is yours. Not much more to it than that :thumbsu:

So pretty much what I do already hahahahhaa

I'd love the title of official Mitch Brown stalker, if I'm not taking it away from anyone.

You're probably this boards biggest Mitch Brown fan, and you're not even a West Coast supporter... think you'll be right ;)

Haha true. Enter me into the draft then!
I've turned my bf off brownies for life I think so cheers for putting up with me WCE board :hearts:

So a few relatively massive developments have emerged with regards to Mitch in the last 36 hours which are worth noting here for reference.

1. Mitch has won West Coasts Chris Mainwaring Medal for Best Clubman. Well done Mitch :thumbsu:
2. Mitch has sought a trade from West Coast to Victoria with St.Kilda being his preferred option. Poor form, Mitch :thumbsdown:
3. West Coast list manager, Craig Vozzo, has indicated that Brown will not be traded as he is contracted for 2013.

Although it's been 6 days since I posted the last Mitch update not much has changed.

St.Kilda remain the team most interested in Mitch and word from his manager is that he's interested in joining them, despite being contracted for 2013.

Apparently we've been waiting a while for Mitch to return from holidays so we could ask him his true intentions but it's likely that we wont trade him regardless.

In the meantime a lot of rumours have circulated regarding Mitch, a trade, his intentions and so on. If you're interested in reading about them, this thread is a good place to start.

ST KILDA'S slim hopes of snaring contracted West Coast defender Mitch Brown have been slashed, with Eagles list manager Craig Vozzo declaring the 23-year-old won't be traded under any circumstances.

Through his manager, Brown last week repeated his wish to be traded to St Kilda - where he would be offered a three-year deal - to receive more opportunities at senior level.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149800/default.aspx

The most interesting part for me is the following:

"I think he sees there's opportunity here. We certainly have identified that for him.

"Where [St Kilda's] list sits, he'd look at it as being immediate round one. That’s not to say he's not going to play here in round one either.

"But we've got (Eric) Mackenzie, (Darren) Glass and (Will) Schofield, so there's slightly more competition for those tall back spots."

It proves that this is about opportunity, not homesickness, and it suggests that Brown could work his way ahead of a key defender.

:D good troll WCE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I came on here to post this! Congratulations to Mitch!
Rest assured WCE board: I won't stop loving him less and I STILL WANT TO BE HIS SPONSER.

I know I came on here to post this! Congratulations to Mitch!
Rest assured WCE board: I won't stop loving him less and I STILL WANT TO BE HIS SPONSER.
Very humble vonn. Though, if you are as tall as Shae you could impersonate her and fool him?

Mitch Brown accepting his Chris Mainwaring Best Clubman Award.

This would have been about a day or 2 before his manager first came out and said Brownie wanted a trade. I think it's a really interesting video with that in mind.

Good on ya, anyhow, Mitchie!

When's the player sponsorship draft thingy Kane? I'm excited.

When's the player sponsorship draft thingy Kane? I'm excited.

Doesn't kick off until after our last pick in the rookie draft is done so we officially know how many list spots we have and then accordingly how many people are participating.

If Mitch leaves you might not be as excited :p

As his 2011 Player Sponsor there were no rumblings about leaving the club, turn my back for one year and he wants out...you have a lot to answer for Jimmy, you better not try sponsoring any other Victorian next year ala Gaff or Shuey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back