Player Watch #1: Nick Vlastuin

Remove this Banner Ad

And ahead of our BF winner.
Probably need to watch a few Port Games to see what he does.
Elite at intercepts,ground ball gets and clearances.
Most coaches will tell you that these are three of the most valued traits in a small defender

Jack Graham is 23 years old and has proven to be a player that has leadership and maturity for his age . Handles the media well and is composed and very well spoken. In 2 years he seems to be the perfect fit as a 25 year old captain.

Captain doesn't have to be a star player

I think a 5 year deal would be sensational for Daniel Rioli and make sure he remains a Tiger for life similar to Vlastuin.

As Shane Edwards has mentioned our game style is founded by what attributes Daniel Rioli brings and our recent success could be accredited to him if we consider how we changed the game style.
To be honest and all poking the bear(VB_longneck ) aside the worrying sign for me in regards to Dan is since he did his ankle in the 17 GF he hasn't looked the same player.Lost 10% of his agility perhaps?
Or its a case of motivation.
Look at Cyril.
Won 4 flags and retired early.
whatever it is he's certainly not the same Daniel he was 5yrs ago.

To be honest and all poking the bear(VB_longneck ) aside the worrying sign for me in regards to Dan is since he did his ankle in the 17 GF he hasn't looked the same player.Lost 10% of his agility perhaps?
Or its a case of motivation.
Look at Cyril.
Won 4 flags and retired early.
whatever it is he's certainly not the same Daniel he was 5yrs ago.
I think it’s above the shoulders for him
His grandmother passed away during the pre season as well
Seems they are all very tight nit on the Tiwi islands and she was the matriarch of the entire family
Might’ve just taken it’s toll on him

I think it’s above the shoulders for him
His grandmother passed away during the pre season as well
Seems they are all very tight nit on the Tiwi islands and she was the matriarch of the entire family
Might’ve just taken it’s toll on him
Hopefully thats the case.

Nick said he was seeing the surgeon this week. He has some floating cartilage in his knee. If he needs surgery, he'll be out for 5 to 6 weeks... :(

Not going to happen but it would be nice to get some sort of acknowledgement that many media types were too quick to judge after round 1.
The dialogue was that Silvagni had a real bung shoulder and so his medical sub was justified but Tigers taking Vlastuin out for a 'knock to the knee' was taking advantage of the medical sub rule...

So in the end Silvagni only missed a week whereas Nick looks like missing 5 - 6 :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be a different side with him back. A bit like the meat ball we really don't have a replacement and such a crucial player for us and our structures and ball winning/goal stopping.

Miss him lots xo
He really like how Enright was for the cats
Hard at the contest but also that general that helps the attack off our half back line

Losing him has really messed with our structure

The hit took in the GF was big wouldn't be surprised if he is suffering from confidence.

Hasn’t been great since returning not his usual polished self. Confidence? Game plan change? Speed? Laziness? Hard to distinguish at this point.

Can’t see him still being injured or else he wouldn’t be playing considering we have Mansell, Baker etc for depth

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back