Player Watch #1: Nick Vlastuin

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
Just get the sense that this bloke could be a big presence in our finals this year. Has that cool head about him now that was missing in previous years; he just looks like he knows what he's doing. Jack Graham also has that coolness about him.
Geez; I'm not normally correct, but I'll claim this. To be fair, it was an easy get...

mattt

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2014
Brunswick, VIC.
AFL Club
Richmond
Brienne would've been impressed with that goal.

nv.jpg

LOVE THIS KID, I HOPE HE GETS TO CAPTAIN RICHMOND ONE DAY!!

Will take over from Cotchin, but don't see Cotch losing the captaincy anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattt

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2014
Brunswick, VIC.
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond's Nick Vlastuin is the Tiger who has always been a Tigger
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...has-always-been-a-tigger-20170915-gyimzv.html

"The beard is a new thing this year. Vlastuin cut his chin in the first pre-season match and needed four stitches. The doctor told him not to shave as it would help avoid irritating the stitches. Weeks later he got the stitches out and the next day cut his chin again, needing another eight stitches. He has not shaved since.For a while Ben Lennon, Reece Conca and Jake Batchelor joined in with a beard group – sending progress pictures of their beards to each other – but eventually the others cracked and shaved them off.

"Cowards," Vlastuin says. "They shaved it off, then all the fans kind of jumped on to mine, so I can't really get rid of it. Now I have this big red beard. It's just big and red, so everyone notices it. The missus, Georgia, is on board. She likes it now. At the start she was not a fan."

Richmond's Nick Vlastuin is the Tiger who has always been a Tigger
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...has-always-been-a-tigger-20170915-gyimzv.html

"The beard is a new thing this year. Vlastuin cut his chin in the first pre-season match and needed four stitches. The doctor told him not to shave as it would help avoid irritating the stitches. Weeks later he got the stitches out and the next day cut his chin again, needing another eight stitches. He has not shaved since.For a while Ben Lennon, Reece Conca and Jake Batchelor joined in with a beard group – sending progress pictures of their beards to each other – but eventually the others cracked and shaved them off.

"Cowards," Vlastuin says. "They shaved it off, then all the fans kind of jumped on to mine, so I can't really get rid of it. Now I have this big red beard. It's just big and red, so everyone notices it. The missus, Georgia, is on board. She likes it now. At the start she was not a fan."

Needs to keep it. Cult figure status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back