Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok.
10. Brendan Goddard. Got all of the outside ability, but really struggles to win his own ball.
9. Chris Judd. Legitimate legend of the game, past his consistent, damaging best.
8. Ryan Bastinac. Decent running player who is good at picking up cheap possies.
7. Matthew Scarlett (this year only). Has been poor this year and is a shadow of his former self.
6. Cyril Rioli. It's not that he isn't good. He is probably the best small forward in the comp. It's that whatever he does is highlighted beyond that of any other player in the comp.
5. Dale Thomas. Been poor this year, even considering his injury problems. Impacted very few games, and for a guy on his pay packet with the expectation that he has on him, it has been a horrible return.
4. Brent Stanton. Had a blistering start to the year, but has really shown the optimum level he can rise to. When given a run with player, really struggles.
3. Jack Trengove. Harsh being only a third year player, but has done very little to show that he is headed for superstardom.
2. Travis Cloke. Was underated in 2010, now he is ridiculously over rated. Has a lot of deficiency's in his game for a supposed superstar.
1. Jimmy Bartel. Obvious finals ability, but does he do as much as needed every week to get the Cats in the finals?
Good list. :thumbsu:

FAIRANDBALANCED said:
Ok.
10. Brendan Goddard. Got all of the outside ability, but really struggles to win his own ball.
9. Chris Judd. Legitimate legend of the game, past his consistent, damaging best.
8. Ryan Bastinac. Decent running player who is good at picking up cheap possies.
7. Matthew Scarlett (this year only). Has been poor this year and is a shadow of his former self.
6. Cyril Rioli. It's not that he isn't good. He is probably the best small forward in the comp. It's that whatever he does is highlighted beyond that of any other player in the comp.
5. Dale Thomas. Been poor this year, even considering his injury problems. Impacted very few games, and for a guy on his pay packet with the expectation that he has on him, it has been a horrible return.
4. Brent Stanton. Had a blistering start to the year, but has really shown the optimum level he can rise to. When given a run with player, really struggles.
3. Jack Trengove. Harsh being only a third year player, but has done very little to show that he is headed for superstardom.
2. Travis Cloke. Was underated in 2010, now he is ridiculously over rated. Has a lot of deficiency's in his game for a supposed superstar.
1. Jimmy Bartel. Obvious finals ability, but does he do as much as needed every week to get the Cats in the finals?​

good list but add
Chris Dawes in the travis cloke mould, because of cloke he is highly over rated, has almost no skill apart from a big body,
Scott prebendary, has silky skills, but isn't half a player of what Swan is.
mark murphy, gets the ball but does nothing with it, chips it around

Ok.
1. Jimmy Bartel. Obvious finals ability, but does he do as much as needed every week to get the Cats in the finals?

Good list but if we are going by over rated at the present time, I would take out Trengove and Scarlett, move Bartel up to 3, put Cloke number 1, Nic Notacluey at 2 and put Embley at 6.

You're an idiot if you think Campbell Brown's overrated. He goes hard every match. No self preservation. Constantly beating much bigger players. It's also become apparent that he's a great leader as well at the Suns
Facts about Campbell Brown-
- Skill level horrible
- Height tiny
- Speed average

What is he good at? Sniping?

Can I ask what makes you think he is overrated?
sure. he's a good player, but is he that good? he's a little whiner who only thinks about himself and isn't a team player. hence he doesn't ever really look dangerous up forward and only ever kicks around 3 goals a match and he is inconsistent. he is only good at leading and marking the ball, if the ball comes to him on a 1 on 1 the defender will most likely spoil it

sure. he's a good player, but is he that good? he's a little whiner who only thinks about himself and isn't a team player. hence he doesn't ever really look dangerous up forward and only ever kicks around 3 goals a match and he is inconsistent. he is only good at leading and marking the ball, if the ball comes to him on a 1 on 1 the defender will most likely spoil it
Well I disagree with pretty much all the points except I think he could do with some improvements in the one on ones. But I think it was pretty much acknowledged that Jack had a down year yet was still the Coleman medallist. If everyone was raving about him maybe I could understand, but they aren't. If anything I'd have him in the most underrated category.

This thread is always going to be very subjective

My list

1. Nick Maxwell
2. M Kreuzer
3. Harry O Brien
4. B Stanton
5. t Scully
6. M Hurley
7. B Smedts
8. J Kosi
9. K Tippett
10. J Brennan

Is he really rated at all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I laught at Dangerfield being over-rated. And for Waite, he is a gun, one of the rarest leaps and marks in the game. He is elite when up and running. Thats just not very often unfortunately.

10. M. Scarlett
9. B. Goddard
8. J. Koschitzke
7. C. Judd
6. C. Rioli
5. J. Bartel
4. T. Cloke
3. A. Goodes
2. N. Naitanui
1. G. Ablett <- really... he's not all that

Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad