Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Going for goal on the second occasion was absolutely the right decision. The problem was in the execution, and the fact he wasn't in the goal square!

He was more likely to have kicked it from where he kicked it than a standing shot on the goal square.

Absolutely...probably...but whatever he does the mindset on here is that it's the wrong decision or choice.

He burnt Tarrant and MacMilllan twice in the last thirty seconds.
No composure, selfish and broke team rules.
If we are to start holding players to a standard then this needs to be raised.
You are only as good as your last game and **** I'm no hater but why is there an excuse for everything.
Dogs lost a man early and still finished off the stronger coming back from Perth. We continually **** things up year to year cause it's the standard at North.

True but he was trying to pass when he kicked it straight to the dog's defender. It was poor execution not selfish. And if he's passed on the last kick instead of shooting the siren may have gone.

I would be disappointed if he isn't dropped he's been very ordinary.

Surely Zurhaar or Wagner would be better options hope they can perform for Werribee today and come into contention for a seniors game at Lindsey's expense.

ifr he'd kicked that last it'd be a measure of redemption, which would appropriate this weekend. He had a bad first 3 games last year then lifted. This year in 4 games he has been average at best. That's generous ... he hasn't played well at all.

I dunno... maybe the weight of the 200th was getting to him. I think he'll play next week but if he doesn't improve then I'd be sending him to Werribee until he does.

Yes, he has been average but it is not a reason for you to say he is not a legend of the club. He became a life member last year.
So by this logic, Lachlan Hansen is a legend of the club?

Carey, Schimma, Greig, Blight, Stevo, Harvey, Foote, Barker, Spencer etc etc are legends of the club. LT is a very good player who has clocked up 200 games, which is a fantastic effort. However, he has a way to go before attaining legend status.

So by this logic, Lachlan Hansen is a legend of the club?

Carey, Schimma, Greig, Blight, Stevo, Harvey, Foote, Barker, Spencer etc etc are legends of the club. LT is a very good player who has clocked up 200 games, which is a fantastic effort. However, he has a way to go before attaining legend status.
I was adding this reply to the post that I said earlier.

I would think he would've been close to it considering the s**t he has gone through. Loss of relatives and media issues as well as umpiring issues have made things just unnecessarily worse. Some blame is on him but he has battled it out for a while now trying his best. Gave Boomer a gift goal last year when he could've kicked it himself. The guy loves the club and the club loves him. It's the good that he has done that I think gets recognition from supporters. The media, however, have made some hate him to bits.

I think he is considered an unofficial legend. Just needs to get back to what he does best which is kicking goals off pack contests and running through the middle.

Has been average this year but for a while he was a good footballer.

I was just replying to posters just being detrimental or just idiotic.

Imagine how we would all be feeling today of it was a goal.
But it wasn't. What ifs are not reality, and reality is that once again its a poor game with poor skill execution under pressure.

That can happen to players most definitely, but when its consistent then that player has a seriouse problem. When its a leader who is consistently failing under pressure then whole team has a problem, as its sets a tone for the group. Lindsey has set a the tone for this group all year, and its one where we fail under pressure.

No coach in his right mind would keep him in the side this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was more likely to have kicked it from where he kicked it than a standing shot on the goal square.

Absolutely...probably...but whatever he does the mindset on here is that it's the wrong decision or choice.

That last shot on goal is absolutely the right choice and I applaud Lindsay for having the nuts to take it.

In the third quarter our captain (who can kick goals from 55) passed the ball while only being what 40 meters out.

Jack needed to take responsibility for it.

True dat ........... Did anyone NOT see the utter devastation in his body language after his last shot for goal ? He cares ..

501170-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

i don't disagree but i just watched it again and McMillan pointed Lindsay to the goals - it may have been better for JMac to demand the ball and we have a set shot from 50 - but hey its all easy the following morning.
My issue is he ****ed up twice before and he again missed the third time.
Let the team and himself down. If he set up Jamie for the winner then hed be lauded a hero for knowing to use the right option.
Wrong option. 3 times.
Not even gonna mention his lack of defensive pressure in the last 3 minutes.

For a senior player, he has been very disappointing so far this year.
It pains me to say it as an LT fan, but he's been extremely poor this season. He's been getting about his fair share of criticism and deserves it.

He's been disappointing so far this season, for sure, and deserves some criticism for this. However...

He absolutely cops more than his share from the general public- even accounting that he plays for frees sometimes.
I could say some other players haven't played good enough as well. Thomas seems to take the most criticism.
He seems to cop more than his fair share from both the general football world, and at times on here.

He's the very definition of 'mercurial'. On this day, he's absolutely brilliant in all facets. When it's not, his lack of effort and/or skill/decision errors stick out like the proverbial.

For all that, he remains a favourite of mine and I hope he redeems himself and gets back to his best form. If not, he's on a slippery slope and that's said with a heavy heart.

But it wasn't. What ifs are not reality, and reality is that once again its a poor game with poor skill execution under pressure.

That can happen to players most definitely, but when its consistent then that player has a seriouse problem. When its a leader who is consistently failing under pressure then whole team has a problem, as its sets a tone for the group. Lindsey has set a the tone for this group all year, and its one where we fail under pressure.

No coach in his right mind would keep him in the side this week.

I'd play him. Still in our best 22. And our small forwards in the 2s clearly aren't in his league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back