#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the link to Yarran on our website I'm amazed that his entire salary would sit under the 2017 cap if we cut him. Surely if he doesn't meet fitness requirements it's a clear breach of contract- player is cut and salary wiped from the cap

Reading the link to Yarran on our website I'm amazed that his entire salary would sit under the 2017 cap if we cut him. Surely if he doesn't meet fitness requirements it's a clear breach of contract- player is cut and salary wiped from the cap
Doubt if the AFLPA would wear that. Mental health is a protected attribute under work fair as well.

I can understand that the player would be needed to be looked after by the club and paid but dont understand why this would have to still be included in the TPP ? Just seems like a double penalty to the club for trying to look after the player

I want him to make it, I hope he does.
But unfortunately it's more likely he does not.

No I didn't

If he didn't want to make it, why is he busting his ass training?
He could easily just give it away, but he isn't doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freaks me out too. circa 500k a year and you can't get sacked.

Do you really believe that's the issue here? Who's "fault" this is?...

Should we be reducing a man's pain and suffering to which footy team is better?

I hope the people surrounding Yarran aren't looking to lay blame, but rather, be concentrating on solutions and how to best support and help Chris during his time of need...

No, we aren't looking to blame anyone and I wouldn't blame any club, none of us know the underlying issue here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand that the player would be needed to be looked after by the club and paid but dont understand why this would have to still be included in the TPP ? Just seems like a double penalty to the club for trying to look after the player
The AFL might find a way to offset it by giving us a game against a Big 4 club at our home ground or something..

Why would we be required to pay out Yarrans contract in full if it is deemed Yarran is not fit not meet his contract.

Look, I get the mental health thing but in no other job does an employer continue to pay your wage after you run out of personal leave for any issue whether depression or not. Why is someone not attending work in the AFL allowed to be paid?

I think it is bullshit.

Why would we be required to pay out Yarrans contract in full if it is deemed Yarran is not fit not meet his contract.

Look, I get the mental health thing but in no other job does an employer continue to pay your wage after you run out of personal leave for any issue whether depression or not. Why is someone not attending work in the AFL allowed to be paid?

I think it is bullshit.
Retirement on the grounds of ill health is a thing
You might as well be arguing why any player gets paid unless they win a premiership, coz you know, that's what they're being paid for

My wife has been suffering post traumatic depression since 2011, She used to work at 1 of the big 4 banks and dont ask "Which Bank"

She was employed there for 25 years and hardlt ever missed a day off work even though they had unlimited sick pay she was really devoted to her job and loved her work and team.

2011 There was an issue and i wont go into it and she suffered and still does suffer depression. The bank gave her 3 months and then called her in asking when she will be back and we couldnt answer and they made her go on a career break (12 months)

When that ended the said she must apply for jobs in the bank and couldnt have time off , so she applied and nothing was available so they ended her employment

They have a Union and HR - Done sweet FA

I want him to make it, I hope he does.
But unfortunately it's more likely he does not.

No I didn't

No, my mistake. It read that way to me as you said both of these below.

Yaz was given a certain weight goal to achieve before he came back which he has obviously failed which is why the club is now in discussions as to what to do.

Even paying a VFL footballer to babysit him full time and attempt to keep him fit failed unfortunately.

Getting caught punting and drinking recently in a prominent Richmond pub also hasn't helped his cause to be kept on.

Yes all well and good for your average player.

But when you have been warned time and time again, yet you still do it...

Who cares? The club does - Especially boozing when trying to drop weight to keep your career alive.

Again outside of you saying you are not a troll, can you link anything from a reputable source backing it up ? You see anyone can post stuff. You are saying Yaz has a drinking problem, has been warned about it, while also having gambling issues and again warned about it but outside of trash rumors, I cant find anything remotely backing that up.

Now before you say, "The media wont say anything" That is a crock of horseshit. They would be all over it like flys to s**t. Benell, Carlie, Fev etc etc...they dont give a s**t about well being, if there was honestly any foundation to what you have said, it would be in print.

So again, can you show all of us any proof ?

My wife has been suffering post traumatic depression since 2011, She used to work at 1 of the big 4 banks and dont ask "Which Bank"

She was employed there for 25 years and hardlt ever missed a day off work even though they had unlimited sick pay she was really devoted to her job and loved her work and team.

2011 There was an issue and i wont go into it and she suffered and still does suffer depression. The bank gave her 3 months and then called her in asking when she will be back and we couldnt answer and they made her go on a career break (12 months)

When that ended the said she must apply for jobs in the bank and couldnt have time off , so she applied and nothing was available so they ended her employment

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Retirement on the grounds of ill health is a thing
You might as well be arguing why any player gets paid unless they win a premiership, coz you know, that's what they're being paid for
Last I looked the pension was no were near close to 500k a year.

The employer was very generous. Imagine a small business in a cut throat industry. No matter how good hearted your boss is they cant afford it.

No, my mistake. It read that way to me as you said both of these below.

Again outside of you saying you are not a troll, can you link anything from a reputable source backing it up ? You see anyone can post stuff. You are saying Yaz has a drinking problem, has been warned about it, while also having gambling issues and again warned about it but outside of trash rumors, I cant find anything remotely backing that up.

Now before you say, "The media wont say anything" That is a crock of horseshit. They would be all over it like flys to s**t. Benell, Carlie, Fev etc etc...they dont give a s**t about well being, if there was honestly any foundation to what you have said, it would be in print.

So again, can you show all of us any proof ?

I never said he had a problem with either.
It's the look & act of drinking when you're supposed to be the "re-hab" group.

Also let's be fair here - have you ever provided links, sources, reports, etc regarding your mail? No.
I have mine and obviously not going to throw them under the bus.

First in here with the Nankervis trade & more recently hinted at A.Moore gone & M.Barlow in.
Also Gave a PM to anyone who asked for one regarding Harley and the club. Not once have I made anything up.

Anyway that's enough - just passed on what I know and where Yaz is at.

FYI Paul Connors obviously makes commission from Yaz's contract so it has been him who has paid Tom Couch to live with Yarran, cook/clean for him, travel with him & try get him fit - basically protecting his investment so he's not sacked already.

$1500 a week from what I'm told - not bad cream on the income cake for a VFL player if you ask me!

I never said he had a problem with either.
It's the look & act of drinking when you're supposed to be the "re-hab" group.

Also let's be fair here - have you ever provided links, sources, reports, etc regarding your mail? No.
I have mine and obviously not going to throw them under the bus.

First in here with the Nankervis trade & more recently hinted at A.Moore gone & M.Barlow in.
Also Gave a PM to anyone who asked for one regarding Harley and the club. Not once have I made anything up.

Anyway that's enough - just passed on what I know and where Yaz is at.

Lol, some big claims in this post. Get off the drugs bro, it's clearly affecting you. It's really disturbing the blokes who come in here talking the s**t they talk. Says alot about the people and where they are in life i reckon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back