Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no one in the league that is more at the crossroads of their career than Jared unfortunately.

He is simply not getting a game at the bottom team. He has no value at all.

I think there may be a handshake agreement at years end but paying out two years of contract isnt ideal.

Best we can hope for is someone takes his contract and we pay half of it and we get a pick back. Wouldnt be inside the top 40 though.

And here we are. A player who allegedly didn't follow team rules in a game where he was amongst the best on ground, supposedly having argued with a coach who may have been experiencing some kind of internal issues with anxiety at the time which led to him losing his job, and now he's on the scrap heap.

Or maybe he has suffered an injury and with limited opportunities, the coach would rather work on sorting out the capabilities of the younger blokes in the list so we stand a better chance of having a crack next year.

Who knows?

And here we are. A player who allegedly didn't follow team rules in a game where he was amongst the best on ground, supposedly having argued with a coach who may have been experiencing some kind of internal issues with anxiety at the time which led to him losing his job, and now he's on the scrap heap.

Or maybe he has suffered an injury and with limited opportunities, the coach would rather work on sorting out the capabilities of the younger blokes in the list so we stand a better chance of having a crack next year.

Who knows?
No way. There couldn't be a medical reason about his repeat hamstring injuries. It must a conspiracy / he must be washed up. And apparently he's an introvert. Delist.

I am a cynic but if he is still at North next year Jared will perform like he did in his first year at the club.
Final year of contract does amazing things to certain players (was told this also by afl person been I noticed the industry a long time).

i dont disagree, people needs a bit of ass kicking to get the best out of them.

I know we're not allowed to post his stuff..

But I wonder tbe ambiguity of 'trade in another player from a rival team' has caught my interest

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-215646_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-215646_Chrome.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 171
I’m still keen to persist.

Doesn't feel he’s had much by way of continuity this year. His pre-season was underdone, then picked up another injury.

Too much talent to give up on. Hopefully Nobel can rejuvenate his career similar to what he’s done with Arron Hall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he’s a good fit for Carlton but their salary cap has to be tight

Essendon could be another decent fit

teams just in or out of the 8 looking for that extra cherry on top
Would fit the gelong model of 'bringing in established mature talent'

We front ended Polecs initial deal. He’s playing for bugger all. On that solitary point, he stays. He will not return anything in the top 30 picks. I think theres more benefit to team performance having him stay around.
I keep thinking that but then I think - why? He has offered nothing so far, really. he is a journeyman and it's time to move on.

Bad news for those that don't like Polec - and there's plenty on this thread- no one wants him.

He's ours and we're going to make the most of him - as quality Clubs do with quality players.

Let's face it, our senior citizens and some kids aside, he's got that ugly deadspot in the middle of our list demographic covered for talent. Easily. He's staying.

Bad news for those that don't like Polec - and there's plenty on this thread- no one wants him.

He's ours and we're going to make the most of him - as quality Clubs do with quality players.

Let's face it, our senior citizens and some kids aside, he's got that ugly deadspot in the middle of our list demographic covered for talent. Easily. He's staying.
Seriously, if the club can't make use of him then it is on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back