Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a cynic but if he is still at North next year Jared will perform like he did in his first year at the club.
Final year of contract does amazing things to certain players (was told this also by afl person been in the industry a long time).
He’s contracted till 2023

I keep thinking that but then I think - why? He has offered nothing so far, really. he is a journeyman and it's time to move on.
Mentioned in the trade thread but if anyone gives us a mid range pick in the 30/40s for Polec take it and run like we did with Higgins and then it into another young player to fill a gap like Lazzaro last year

I can’t see him leaving Vic so it would be clubs higher up like essendon, cats, Dees, blues, tigers and saints who could be options

We front ended Polecs initial deal. He’s playing for bugger all. On that solitary point, he stays. He will not return anything in the top 30 picks. I think theres more benefit to team performance having him stay around.

he is the risk we have to take, if we ditch him, no one will want to come over anytimes soon.

We must also recognize that for a lot of the free agents, jumping ship is a way to gain more secure employment. That's why so many goes to carlton becaues they pay good money with longterm contract and they are secure.

We need to keep polec becaues for one, he might get back to his best form when injury free. When polec is on song, he is our most damaging midfielder.

Secondly, by keeping faith in him, only 2 more years, we show others that we are happy to stick to players and give them confidence. This will allow others to consider us more nex ttime.

he is the risk we have to take, if we ditch him, no one will want to come over anytimes soon.

We must also recognize that for a lot of the free agents, jumping ship is a way to gain more secure employment. That's why so many goes to carlton becaues they pay good money with longterm contract and they are secure.

We need to keep polec becaues for one, he might get back to his best form when injury free. When polec is on song, he is our most damaging midfielder.

Secondly, by keeping faith in him, only 2 more years, we show others that we are happy to stick to players and give them confidence. This will allow others to consider us more nex ttime.

It’s really up to him, there’s been rumours that his buy in hasn’t been great. If he buys in sure fine keep him but I’ve got no qualms giving him the flick, he took premium wages for mixed performances

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I we dump him he’d still get paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say he is one of our most gifted footballers/naturally talented. A graders if you will.
I put Stephenson, TT, Cunnington, Polec, LDU and into that fit for our club.

Players who just ooze talent, it's like second nature for them - almost as if they possess a deft touch.
If we can find space for him, great, we're set

I'd say he is one of our most gifted footballers/naturally talented. A graders if you will.
I put Stephenson, TT, Cunnington, Polec, LDU and into that fit for our club.

Players who just ooze talent, it's like second nature for them - almost as if they possess a deft touch.
If we can find space for him, great, we're set
You can add Powell and Phillips to that list.

polec has a role to play, if he could be our midtier player then we are doing quite well.

He has a role to play if he can pull his finger out and actually play an unselfish role for the side. Until his defensive running and efforts are up to scratch then I doubt he is going to get much game time under noble. Shaw seenthe same deficiencies in his game last year that led to him being dropped on multiple occasions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back