Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

But at this stage, I'd trade him for as little as a third round upgrade while picking up a percentage of his salary.
Would trade him for anything just doesn’t suit us
And 29 in a few months

Think saints and blues would be a fit for him

So frustrating to watch. Sometimes he looks lost or just doesn't give a stuff and other times he has that little touch of class. Just hope Nobes can sort him out. The bloke can play, was not terrible today, but still looks like he doesn't fit. Good challenge for the coach. Hope he can get him right.

You're actually taking the piss, right? Genuinely jogged on a couple of chases today when there was a chance to bust his arse. He looked completely disinterested throughout, and I wanted Polec back in the team.

I think you're watching him with a bit of spite, ready to judge on the small errors. Similar to how I was with Mahony.

If you are calling people out saying that Polec looked disinterested and genuinely didn't make an effort. You need to watch the game again.

And if you're prepared to make that statement, you should hold Dumont with that exact same conviction.

I think you're watching him with a bit of spite, ready to judge on the small errors. Similar to how I was with Mahony.

If you are calling people out saying that Polec looked disinterested and genuinely didn't make an effort. You need to watch the game again.

And if you're prepared to make that statement, you should hold Dumont with that exact same conviction.
Spite? Yeah, nah. As I said earlier, I wanted Polec back in the team. And comparing effort levels between him and the bloke that's probably worked harder than anyone else since he's been at the club in Dumont is a bit silly.

Seems strange to bring Dumont into it.

Spite? Yeah, nah. As I said earlier, I wanted Polec back in the team. And comparing effort levels between him and the bloke that's probably worked harder than anyone else since he's been at the club in Dumont is a bit silly.

We're talking about today's game. And there wasn't a whole lot more impressive by Dumont. If not, at all.

Odd game. Repeat contested efforts on a couple of occasions and on others just nothing, simply standing or jogging and not trying to make a contest. Fitness or mentality? IDK. Didn't really notice him demanding the ball much either tbh, which has been a longtime trait of his game. 11 disposals in 75% TOG isn't something to write home about, at a minimum. Don't know what to make of it, other than that it wasn't particularly good at minimum.

Odd game. Repeat contested efforts on a couple of occasions and on others just nothing, simply standing or jogging and not trying to make a contest. Fitness or mentality? IDK. Didn't really notice him demanding the ball much either tbh, which has been a longtime trait of his game. 11 disposals in 75% TOG isn't something to write home about, at a minimum. Don't know what to make of it, other than that it wasn't particularly good at minimum.
Typical game blowing out the cobwebs after a long stint off..
I personally would love to see him team up with Hall down back, as both are genuine 100m players with lethal feet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a bit rusty but these days seems to play quite “reactive” and not much “proactive”.

Give the man a cup of Aaron Hall juice !!

I really hope you're on the money with the first statement.
So do I. Prep has been disrupted - the VFL isn't really feeding the ones the way it is meant to at the moment for obvious reasons.

I'd like to have seen him in a more open, faster moving game like the way the team played against the blews to see if he still has his pace and creativity. We'll see I guess. At season's end, or next season.

I've been very defensive of Polec but noted last week he looks unconditioned. More the Ahern type of lack of conditioning than the 'just got off an injury' type. Was blowing hard today.
I’m hoping that is the case …”that he’s unconditioned . “
I look at his physique & he def looks a tad heavier than normal .
I’m hoping they leave him in the team & he gets some good game fitness in the next 3 weeks .
He Did nail some good passes late in the game which was good to see .

Would trade him for anything just doesn’t suit us
And 29 in a few months

Think saints and blues would be a fit for him
We would get zero interest or a 3rd / 4th rounder right now for him at best.
So at this stage , I would take the punt & give him a last year to prove himself with hopefully a full non interrupted pre season under Noble in 2022

We would get zero interest or a 3rd / 4th rounder right now for him at best.
So at this stage , I would take the punt & give him a last year to prove himself with hopefully a full non interrupted pre season under Noble in 2022
I’d take that third rounder and get him off the list along with using the remainder of his salary on kelly or elsewhere

We can't get rid of all of our older players, the younger players still need support and guidence out on the field.

I think Polec lacks condition at the moment because I saw several plays where he went in but couldn't muster the energy some other times but I definitely saw a different Polec today. Keep playing him for the rest of the year.

We can't get rid of all of our older players, the younger players still need support and guidence out on the field.

I think Polec lacks condition at the moment because I saw several plays where he went in but couldn't muster the energy some other times but I definitely saw a different Polec today. Keep playing him for the rest of the year.
He’ll be out for Thomas, doesn’t suit our team

Agree but i dont see Polec as a role model type of guy. I do want to see him back to his best though and hope he does hit his straps by the end of the season

It may be he’s just not a good as we’d hoped when we traded him in. Not even sure where we play him.

At this stage our wingers are playing defensive roles. And you certainly wouldn’t want him in the backline. He’d make Hall look like Bruce Doull.
If he can hit his straps again we use him as the player that kick inside 50, after the wings win it. There were a few times today when he was in a good position until we turned it over.

So do I. Prep has been disrupted - the VFL isn't really feeding the ones the way it is meant to at the moment for obvious reasons.

I'd like to have seen him in a more open, faster moving game like the way the team played against the blews to see if he still has his pace and creativity. We'll see I guess. At season's end, or next season.

Of course, it’s obvious that today’s game did not suit him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back