Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

How long until the list is in a place where a pure offensive outsider is actually a luxury we can afford though?

About as long as it takes to get Cunners & LDU in the side.

"Jared would have to be wearing earmuffs to not understand the message we were trying to send him"

Confused out there with the Shaw game plan, looks lost at the moment.
Far from our worst, but some poor disposals tonight.

Needs to play on the wing. To play with intent and deliver the ball longer to good positions. Maybe there’s more pressure on him to deliver by foot because of the lack of good foot skills throughout the team.
Doesn’t seem to know what a shepherd is...
Was one glaring one tonight in the second half, i Scott may have had the ball on the boundary, wanted the handball receive instead of clearing a path for him.

Is producing the kind of weak unaccountable efforts that saw Ahern shuffled off to the alsorans, probably never to be see again, and Polecs skills aren't nearly as good. May have a few credits up his sleeve, but as far as i'm concerned both the Port boys can pack their bags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Perez up for a full game?

Give Goldstein a rest as he's tiring.
Great post in the Polec thread. Drop Goldy for Perez!

On Polec, do we really need to be teaching how to be accountable in the center square? Why not let Bonar or Zurhaar go up against Cripps and Danger if we want to teach players.

You didn't see LT kicks 100s of goals either so....

Glasses time?
Na, I saw every single Joe the Goose. I also saw all the late “tackles” missed kicks, burning team mates, stupid attempts at marks and half arsed gutless contests. It’s guys like you that can’t see everything a player does.

Agreed. We got what we wanted. And he's good at what he does. Like all outside players he does some sh*t that makes you cringe, but it feels like Rhyce may be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Rhyce and the rest of the football department didn’t recruit him, they inherited him. It’s pretty clear (to me anyway) that Rhyce and the rest have a different way they want to go about it compared to the previous footy department.

They might get it wrong but they won’t die wondering.

Rhyce and the rest of the football department didn’t recruit him, they inherited him. It’s pretty clear (to me anyway) that Rhyce and the rest have a different way they want to go about it compared to the previous footy department.

They might get it wrong but they won’t die wondering.

Don't sugar coat it. They appear to ******* hate him

On Polec, do we really need to be teaching how to be accountable in the center square? Why not let Bonar or Zurhaar go up against Cripps and Danger if we want to teach players.

Pretty sure Danger went into the centre square only once today.

Na, I saw every single Joe the Goose. I also saw all the late “tackles” missed kicks, burning team mates, stupid attempts at marks and half arsed gutless contests. It’s guys like you that can’t see everything a player does.

So LT got all his goals easy, yet Polec hard done by?

LT had faults yes.

Polecs are as bad or worse, plus he's soft which LT wasn't.

So LT got all his goals easy, yet Polec hard done by?

LT had faults yes.

Polecs are as bad or worse, plus he's soft which LT wasn't.
Where did I say Polec was hard done by? I said he should be dropped in the preview thread.

LT was soft, played for frees all the tome.

Pretty sure Danger went into the centre square only once today.
Yep, one of the most important center square contests for the match with the game in the balance, and we stick Polec on him.

If we wanted to win the game we wouldn’t have stuck Polec in the middle for that contest. We did it as a learning experience for Polec.

Yep, one of the most important center square contests for the match with the game in the balance, and we stick Polec on him.

If we wanted to win the game we wouldn’t have stuck Polec in the middle for that contest. We did it as a learning experience for Polec.

This whole year is a learning experience for Shaw and the footy department I reckon. They have been doing heaps of weird s**t.

Do you think it would’ve come from the box to put Polec on Danger in that situation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back