Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Pay half his salary and try and get the best pick possible.

What a disaster this was and in the best draft of the last decade.

Lewis should be hung, drawn and qtred.

Said it at the time that trading away our firstr rounder for Polec was an insanely stupid move and that we needed to take that pick to the draft.

Not sure what the hell we were thinking.

Said it at the time that trading away our firstr rounder for Polec was an insanely stupid move and that we needed to take that pick to the draft.

We were thinking we needed "run and carry" like scomo says we need "jobs and growth".

It was a stupid decision. He's a problem now. Imagine looking at his CV in the real world. Kid has the skills sure... But you're moving company every 6 months. Why?

And now we know.

Why was it a stupid move? Tarryn Thomas was in that draft. We would have had to use it on him (pick 11).

Adelaide bid on him with 8, so 11 was gone anyway. Given we configured things to also get Taylor in that draft then I'd say we'll look back on that one okay.

Trade immediately.

Has been dropped at Port and now with us for the exact same reason. Does not defend and is a lousy two way runner.

It's in his DNA to never ever run defensively as hard as he runs offensively.

How can you look blokes like Anderson, Simpkin, Dumont, Thomas in the eye when Polac dishes that up for a grand total of $700,000.

Thats how rot sets in.

Evict immediately.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Good grief.
A very good player and clearly an asset with the ball in hand. Losing that skillset given our dearth in quality users would be a massive call, but if the supposed dissent and disrespect floated on here is in anyway accurate, he's gone for mine.

We aren't just doing a team reset, we are doing a culture reset. Anybody not on board 100% gets shown the door.

I hope that's not Polec, fwiw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good player and clearly an asset with the ball in hand. Losing that skillset given our dearth in quality users would be a massive call, but if the supposed dissent and disrespect floated on here is in anyway accurate, he's gone for mine.

We aren't just doing a team reset, we are doing a culture reset. Anybody not on board 100% gets shown the door.

I hope that's not Polec, fwiw.

As far as I can see so far, a player with a poor attitude got dropped then made his way back in.

He's either going to be much better for it, and the club knows it, or we cut our losses and move on. Haven't read enough to suggest either.

As far as I can see so far, a player with a poor attitude got dropped then made his way back in.

He's either going to be much better for it, and the club knows it, or we cut our losses and move on. Haven't read enough to suggest either.
Oh yeah totally with you on all of that.

I'm just a mug punter with zero inside goss observing from the outer. Anything I say is based on that typical mug punter viewpoint.

Pay half his salary and try and get the best pick possible.

What a disaster this was and in the best draft of the last decade.

Lewis should be hung, drawn and qtred.

To be fair Lewis got the arse in 2016.

Brad picking up McMahon from Geelong will go down as one of the worst decisions in a long time.

Adelaide bid on him with 8, so 11 was gone anyway. Given we configured things to also get Taylor in that draft then I'd say we'll look back on that one okay.
I've written that (about having to use pick 11 on TT) before and had a wise BFer snort, adding "as if that was our only option". IDK what our other option was. If we'd known Adelaide would bid we might have tried to trade up to 7. Draft boards had TT drifting down into the teens.

I've written that (about having to use pick 11 on TT) before and had a wise BFer snort, adding "as if that was our only option". IDK what our other option was. If we'd known Adelaide would bid we might have tried to trade up to 7. Draft boards had TT drifting down into the teens.

for those thinking we could trade from 11 up into the top 6, it would have taken 11 and a senior core player, or cost us the picks we used on Curtis and Bailey

with the benefit of hindsight we should have seen if Melbourne wanted pick 11 for their first rounder in 2019, they finished 5th in 2018, but really who expected them to fall to second last in 2019

Pretty simple strategy with Polec for mine, we pay close to his full wage and the highest bidder gets him.

Most teams in the top 4-6 have a tight salary cap. The opportunity to add a player of Polecs ability without touching their salary cap, is pretty enticing.

Yep their tight squeezes are our leverage.

So to speak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back