Past #13: Ryan Clarke - officially traded to Sydney in exchange for #61 in 2018 ND - thanks Clarkey

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets opposition players run through him far too easily. Really needs to tighten up his defensive side.

That's the negative, the positive is he's a bloody hard runner, knows how to find the footy, and i think will be quality.

Think we have a steal at his draft pick, said that for a while.
This. We're crying out for a link man /accumulator with a massive tank. Heir apparent to Gibbo....

Get him handballing at the target non stop.

His loopy high handballs are
Going to get one of his teammates ribs broken if he continues to do it.

Can't fault his ability to link up and find the footy, but he needs to start laying some tackles. You can't be that offensively minded in this day of footy.

Again people focused on tackle stats.

He's not being played in a position conducive to tackling, if they wanted tackles from him they'd move him inside. He's the link man/Space creator and the fact he's not having to tackle is evidence he's doing his job.

Know who else had 0/only 1 tackle? Nielsen, Durdin and Tarrant.
And that's not an issue because their position is not conducive to tackling, if they're tackling something is going seriously wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming along nicely, decision making is usually good, but the hang time of his handballs usually means trouble for the recipient, improve that aspect and increase tackle tally, is developing ok.
Yeah I don't rate his hand passing at all, but in fairness, he's not alone. Our ball use by hand is the worst in the comp. very few in our side, bar maybe canners, use lightning quick handballs. They all hit loopy soft rubbish. We should just throw it like the braves. Seems to work for them.

How does that get it over Clarkes 27 touches and after his 31 touches last week

Kicked a goal and had more R50s I guess, 1/2 the marks though

Houston didn't play last week out of interest.

Kicked a goal and had more R50s I guess, 1/2 the marks though

Houston didn't play last week out of interest.

Had a decent season overall too. Plus, as he's another son of one of my lifelong mates, I've followed him closely and he's been very good for a young player in a decent side. Absolutely rapt for the kid!

As for Clarke, he'll require a blinder in one of the remaining two games to gain a nom and I reckon the best way to have his name come to the fore is by not only clocking up the stats but also nailing a couple of goals.

Had a decent season overall too. Plus, as he's another son of one of my lifelong mates, I've followed him closely and he's been very good for a young player in a decent side. Absolutely rapt for the kid!

As for Clarke, he'll require a blinder in one of the remaining two games to gain a nom and I reckon the best way to have his name come to the fore is by not only clocking up the stats but also nailing a couple of goals.
Wow TT, you must have almost as many mates as Arthur Cloke. You seem to have a connection to half the players in the league!

Any danger one of your Masonic buddies sprogs could come to Arden Street so we don't have you with a conflict of interest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back