Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sign him north
I posted earlier in the year I would be disappointed if he left. His reactions on the field last night when we hit the front seemed to show he was invested in the club. I have my fingers crossed that this is the case.

Watching GR's every goal video and it reminded me that he put on a huge ******* smother from a Jamie Cripps shot at goal in the last 5 minutes and it wasn't his only one for the night.

It's probably not reflected in his stats, but I thought he was excellent last night. I never really thought Gaff and co on the outside had a huge influence and he was a really important cog in slowing down and nullifying the Eagles' kicking game.
Unsurprising that Froggy would enjoy the wet weather, really.

At risk of copping sh*te for loving him, another game where Trent Dumont's value extends beyond a stats sheet. Does everything to max effort and doesn't lose concentration. Brings leadership and support whether he has a title or not and I think he's a huge part of why we've been a resurgent team in the last 1-2 months.

I couldn't give a flying **** about getting pick 20 or 30 for him nor I do think his place should hinge on whether Jason Horne and Josh Kelly roll up at Arden Street in a limosuine at the end of the year.

To my eyes this guy is a very important part of the team and should be re-signed. He's the Adam Simpson of the midfield unit.
He runs hard both ways. Very few midfielders and wingers do it. Invaluable.

Does not make a mistake. So smart. Always utilises the good skills he has to best effect. He has just clocked over 100 games and has probably 7-8 years left of wracking up 18-22 disposals a game. It would be an absurd decision to entertain letting this guy play for anyone but the blue and white stripes.

Would love him to stay with us but if he doesn’t then it provides a Lazaro type an opportunity to make this spot his own.

On a side note, I suspect just about every 27+ who isn’t playing in the 22 at the moment won’t be here next season.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does not make a mistake. So smart. Always utilises the good skills he has to best effect. He has just clocked over 100 games and has probably 7-8 years left of wracking up 18-22 disposals a game. It would be an absurd decision to entertain letting this guy play for anyone but the blue and white stripes.

We need his experience and leadership around training as well.

We can’t let our older generation go too easily

I feel like it is mainly Tyson, Atley, TC, Garner and Polec (who I believe would be amazing to have out there) that have a high chance of being offloaded or desisted.

That would leave us with Ziebell, Cunnington, Dumont, Tarrant, Hall, Walker, Anderson, McDonald and Corr as the senior type players.

That doesn't seem to be too heavy actually.

A big loss if he leaves.
Not knowing Trent’s circumstances I hope he stays but the talk/rumours have him leaving.
Hopefully the teams performances have him thinking twice and after putting in the hard yards doesn’t want to miss out on the upcoming success.

At risk of copping sh*te for loving him, another game where Trent Dumont's value extends beyond a stats sheet. Does everything to max effort and doesn't lose concentration. Brings leadership and support whether he has a title or not and I think he's a huge part of why we've been a resurgent team in the last 1-2 months.

I couldn't give a flying **** about getting pick 20 or 30 for him nor I do think his place should hinge on whether Jason Horne and Josh Kelly roll up at Arden Street in a limosuine at the end of the year.

To my eyes this guy is a very important part of the team and should be re-signed. He's the Adam Simpson of the midfield unit.

Massive insult to Adam Simpson.

Like huge.

The day Trent Dumont has 44, and completely dominates a midfield of Ablett, Corey, Chapman, Kelly, Johnson etc etc etc I’ll shut up.

He’s an enormous plodder

Massive insult to Adam Simpson.

Like huge.

The day Trent Dumont has 44, and completely dominates a midfield of Ablett, Corey, Chapman, Kelly, Johnson etc etc etc I’ll shut up.

He’s an enormous plodder
Agreed very average player. Does run hard both ways but at end of day very replaceable and suspect Lazaro, Powell etc will be well past him in a couple of years. Frog has been great for the club and if he goes best of luck to him.

Please, please Trent, do something similar this week.

He doesn’t have it in him, slow, mid skilled plodder, I’d drop him for Polec if we were gunning for finals.

What was your previous name? I think I know, it was an equally annoying self-righteous ass bandit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree KC. Pick 25 would be a waste for the player we've developed over the years. He's dependable, does his job, and occasionally does something outstanding. Runs all day, and if not a star, he is the type of player you need supporting the few star players a club can have.
Oh come on. Has everyone here gone totally mad? If we could get pick 25 for him, I’d take it and run like I’d stolen something. Dumont is a plodder, that’s the fact of the matter. Sure, he might be popular and a good team man but that’s where his value ends. He is limited in everything he does: runs like he’s stuck in treacle, poor disposer by foot, can’t kick over a jam jar, bad decision-maker under pressure etc etc. A couple of decent smothers can’t disguise the fact he was almost non-existent on Monday night. If we’re going to progress as a team in the next few years, we need a wingman who plays like a wingman - fast, dynamic, breaks lines, kicks long … like the bloke on the other wing with the perm and long-sleeved guernsey.

Oh purlease … 😂

Oh come on. Has everyone here gone totally mad? If we could get pick 25 for him, I’d take it and run like I’d stolen something. Dumont is a plodder, that’s the fact of the matter. Sure, he might be popular and a good team man but that’s where his value ends. He is limited in everything he does: runs like he’s stuck in treacle, poor disposer by foot, can’t kick over a jam jar, bad decision-maker under pressure etc etc. A couple of decent smothers can’t disguise the fact he was almost non-existent on Monday night. If we’re going to progress as a team in the next few years, we need a wingman who plays like a wingman - fast, dynamic, breaks lines, kicks long … like the bloke on the other wing with the perm and long-sleeved guernsey.
Not totally mad, just not clueless.....

Does not say much for Noble and our selection committee then. I presume you are not a fan of either by playing such an incompenent player. God i hope he stays and reaps the rewards that are on the way

Oh purlease … 😂

It’s unbelievable.

It’s incredible that some people are happy with finishing last, with a backline consisting of 5 over 28’s, a small forward who doesn’t kick goals, a slow wingman who doesn’t kick goals or set them up.

But let’s not talk about those wet conditions, I mean surely they would help…. I can’t wait to see him trailing his opponent by 2-3m with that look on his face that he trying really hard…

He is literally the football equivalent of walking around the office holding a blank sheet of paper to ensure he looks busy.

Pick 21, I’d do in a heartbeat. Pick 38 would be meh, but honestly abd realistically can’t see him being in best 22 if we have zero injuries in 2022.

Would love him to stay with us but if he doesn’t then it provides a Lazaro type an opportunity to make this spot his own.

On a side note, I suspect just about every 27+ who isn’t playing in the 22 at the moment won’t be here next season.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes it does. If lazz is good enough he squeezes him back. Good to have some depth

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back