Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
What a great night! I was lucky enough to be there and I managed to get the great number 35 to sign my newly purchased 'Strength Through Loyalty' book too! If you haven't bought one yet do yourself a favour - its great!

A lot of the players left as soon as the formal part of the night ended. Interesting watching some of the cliques and dynamics between the players. Nothing sinister. More like who hangs with who and who is close mates and who aren't. Newnes and Ross were joined at the hip all night :p Did anyone else go?

What a great night! I was lucky enough to be there and I managed to get the great number 35 to sign my newly purchased 'Strength Through Loyalty' book too! If you haven't bought one yet do yourself a favour - its great!

A lot of the players left as soon as the formal part of the night ended. Interesting watching some of the cliques and dynamics between the players. Nothing sinister. More like who hangs with who and who is close mates and who aren't. Newnes and Ross were joined at the hip all night :p Did anyone else go?

excellent to hear. those two are very very important when it comes to our next push. was markworth there?

No I didn't see him. Gilbert wasn't there either. Lenny was. Gwilty was noticeably limping!

I couldn't get over how tall a lot of the players are. (Ok yes I am a short ar*e!!) Dunell is taller than Gwilty, Ray and Milera are taller than u think. Joey, Milney, & Steven are short and Dal is only slightly taller than Milney. Saady is also a short ar*e :p

Staley, Lever, Ferguson are all around the same height as I walked out next to them when leaving. Saw Fish, holding court with Milney & Armo outside in the carpark muttering about something...

My sister was there, and her boyfriend, Colin, accepted the award on behalf of Barks. It sounded like a special night.

Colin spoke very well Perce! Liked it a lot as Barks was my hero as a kid!

Neil 'Coconut' Roberts was very very funny - some great lines. 'He was so tough he got reported at training' :D

Apparently they used to call him autumn leaves as he was always on the ground, (as Michael Roberts alluded to on the introduction video) - love that nickname! lol

I twittered Luke about the speeches (my family obviously want to see Colin's speech, especially), and he said:
We're hoping to have all the speeches up on the site in the coming days. Some great stuff in there.
:thumbsu:

No I didn't see him. Gilbert wasn't there either. Lenny was. Gwilty was noticeably limping!

I couldn't get over how tall a lot of the players are. (Ok yes I am a short ar*e!!) Dunell is taller than Gwilty, Ray and Milera are taller than u think. Joey, Milney, & Steven are short and Dal is only slightly taller than Milney. Saady is also a short ar*e :p

Staley, Lever, Ferguson are all around the same height as I walked out next to them when leaving. Saw Fish, holding court with Milney & Armo outside in the carpark muttering about something...

I found many were much smaller than I thought they were.

Agree on Milera though, he is taller than I though.

Lewis Pierce also surprised me with his height, also his glasses...upcoming role as superman maybe?

Sam Fisher on the Saints bad "culture" that outsiders continually harp on about:

"It shits me that we get that reputation, but we must be doing something right to be in the finals virtually every year, playing in Grand Finals and preliminary finals. If the culture was that bad we wouldnt have played finals for 10 years. The way we train, blokes come here as new coaches or from other teams and they cant believe how intense and aggressively we train. Thats probably why we've been up in last few years - our attitude"

BTW - I do like the 140 year jumper however my favourite strip is the heritage jumper, (I think that is what it is called. It came out whilst I was living in the UK so missed out on it all. Would have loved to have picked up a beanie in that strip :(

Couldn't really play Essendon in the 140 year jumper can we? :p

BTW - I do like the 140 year jumper however my favourite strip is the heritage jumper, (I think that is what it is called. It came out whilst I was living in the UK so missed out on it all. Would have loved to have picked up a beanie in that strip :(

Couldn't really play Essendon in the 140 year jumper can we? :p
The candy cane kit, we need that to return along with the Hot cross bun shirt and also we need the white collars and piping on the tri colour kit.

The book is a good read though and its got some cool stuff in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The candy cane kit, we need that to return along with the Hot cross bun shirt and also we need the white collars and piping on the tri colour kit.

The book is a good read though and its got some cool stuff in it.

....like a walk down memory lane!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back