Autopsy Round 3, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon *150 YEARS OF THE SAINTS*

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to be a dirty root-rat but my wife scares the s**t out of me. Some women say they'd castrate their husbands and get a laugh...mine you'd not have any doubt that she'd do it.

Same. I always tell my wife she's lucky to find a bloke as faithful, handsome and attentive as me.

I even let her take up night tennis lessons.

Wait...

The best thing about that Higgo torp in the 4th, is that he takes a step barrels it in, and the moment it leaves his boot he turns around and gets onto the bench, not even watching the ball fly through the air for Gresh to mark and hill to goal.

Best party time goal I’ve seen in a while

Sorry don't buy that. The other party has no obligation to retain the faithfulness of the first party.
Its all on the married one.

You think any of those girls on the street in Bangkok cared that i was married? ( Lost opportunity it seems now that i'm single ).

This preferred prounoun issue is getting out of hand if we are accepting this...

:p

Maybe he just wasnt there because hes on the other side of the planet and from the sounds of it, has a job and is more likely to attend Maddies match
Why on earth would you even consider that this could just be a rumour and that there could be a million more reasons as to why he didn’t attend. Look at you not jumping to conclusions ;)

The best thing about that Higgo torp in the 4th, is that he takes a step barrels it in, and the moment it leaves his boot he turns around and gets onto the bench, not even watching the ball fly through the air for Gresh to mark and hill to goal.

Best party time goal I’ve seen in a while
Then Gres hands off to Hill and just turns his back.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

From an ex player told me is clearly true, such a shame, he has lost me as a fan

He's lost you as a fan due to a rumour that you have no real idea about?

Even if it's true, nobody knows the circumstances behind it.

We're all flawed individuals. At least I know I am.

He's an absolute legend of this club.

He's lost you as a fan due to a rumour that you have no real idea about?

Even if it's true, nobody knows the circumstances behind it.

We're all flawed individuals. At least I know I am.

He's an absolute legend of this club.
I trust my source 100% , He is one bloke who is not full of sh1t
If you think it didn't happen that's fine

I met him a few times and never warmed to him that much. He's a very intense character and quite driven. People make mistakes in their life, hopefully he can patch it up because stable family units are better for kids. You can't fix mistakes but you can do your best to make up for them and he seems to have done that so far.

The one time I met him he was an absolute legend.

I was doing music therapy at chadstone for a group of people with disabilities. The group of buildings there were for a range of things.... it wasn't just a disability centre.

I saw Nick show up at the complex. I knew one of the guys I was working with was a mad saints supporter. He had cerebral palsy and was in a wheel chair. When I saw Nick I brought the guy over to him to say g'day. Nick was obviously busy but he was unreal with how engaged he was with this guy and the time he took. The guy communicated by typing into a machine that spoke for him. He told Nick how he loved the Saints and how he was the captain of the balloon football league team known as the saints (it's a footy type game for people in wheel chairs) Nick was high fiving him and saying they were both captains of the Saints. Honestly made this dude unbelievably happy.
As nick was about to leave there was a different guy in his wheelchair in the back of a taxi van who called out to him. Nick went over and climbed in the back of the taxi and sat down and talked to this guy for a while.

He couldn't have been more patient and giving of his time.

I walked away very happy he was the captain of the club I love so much.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to more important s**t… ie; shitting on Injectington!

Watching the replay for approximately the 6th time (I’m confined to quarters, had some minor surgery Monday), and I was reminiscing about taking the train home from the ‘G along the Craigieburn Line… train was packed full of “Stand By Hird” herd… and my oh my wasn’t it funereal…

Was particularly satisfying, sitting there in my very prominent Saints scarf, watching the replay out loud on my phone…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA… F#%K ‘EM. 😁

Last edited:
Back to more important s**t… ie; shitting on Injectington!

Watching the replay for approximately the 6th time (I’m confined to quarters, had some minor surgery Monday), and I was reminiscing about taking the train home from the ‘G along the Craigieburn Line… trained was packed full of “Stand By Hird” Hird… and my oh my wasn’t it funereal…

Was particularly satisfying, sitting there in my very prominent Saints scarf, watching the replay out loud on my phone…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA… F#%K ‘EM. 😁

Sandringham line was a bit more jovial :D (once the bloody trains showed up)

Art Instagram GIF by 60 Second Docs
Imagine what that slug looks like crawling out of his fart sack at 11am when he's just got long limp strands of bright orange hair straggling all over his swollen melon.

No Girlfriend Bob

Just something to ponder.

We've all lamented the tactic of just bombing it long to King for the last couple of years. Also Membrey's indecisiveness when he wins the ball upfield.

Like everyone else I want them both back in the team as soon as possible. But on reflection I don't think we would've done any better the last three weeks had they played. To think that they they would automatically improve us 3-4 goals may not be true.

What we've seen is a totally unpredictable forward line setup that is highly functional. With multi avenues to score.

Sure, I'm not certain that it's sustainable long term. But equally with an array of tall targets in there, will it be as effective or better? Just look at the Dogs with their forward line overstocked with talls. I think they miss Weightman more than anybody for the variety he brings to their attack.

Don't get me wrong. I want King, Membrey and Hayes available ASAP but it might take some tinkering to get the mix right. Personally I like that fast ball movement to an open forward line with multiple scoring options. Collingwood got to the GF last year with only one decent sized forward in Miocek. I don't count Cox who's a spud.

It will be an interesting problem to have, if we ever get a full list to choose from. Just maybe the makeshift forward line has accidentally hit us on a winner.

Food for thought.
I was lamenting the turn overs in the forward line last week and, yelling out lower your eyes...however when considering Lyon's comments post match about speed on the ball and the observations about how well set up defensively across the field the team is.
Much easier to defend and apply pressure when the ball is in the forward line.
If the tweak comes and they hit up the forwards going in 25 to 50 % more then they are doing now...holy s**t, the lid will well and truly be dropped off at the local scrap metal merchant for them to worry about 😊

I was lamenting the turn overs in the forward line last week and, yelling out lower your eyes...however when considering Lyon's comments post match about speed on the ball and the observations about how well set up defensively across the field the team is.
Much easier to defend and apply pressure when the ball is in the forward line.
If the tweak comes and they hit up the forwards going in 25 to 50 % more then they are doing now...holy s**t, the lid will well and truly be dropped off at the local scrap metal merchant for them to worry about 😊
The last kick into forward 50 has been, imo, the defining failure of the club since 2010. We seem to have been the worst for the longest time, when we have hit a target it's usually ended up in a s**t position or in the arms of a guy who had to run the length of field to fill a hole and they've ended up butchering the shot.

We improve that facet of our game and we are a genuine flag contender. Having said that, if issue was resolved earlier I reckon a couple of the richo/ratts sides could have been contenders so it's obviously a lot easier said than done.

The last kick into forward 50 has been, imo, the defining failure of the club since 2010. We seem to have been the worst for the longest time, when we have hit a target it's usually ended up in a s**t position or in the arms of a guy who had to run the length of field to fill a hole and they've ended up butchering the shot.

We improve that facet of our game and we are a genuine flag contender. Having said that, if issue was resolved earlier I reckon a couple of the richo/ratts sides could have been contenders so it's obviously a lot easier said than done.
Last year the team was 8 and 3 at the bye with a 4 / 18 loss by 2 points and getting during the last qu. front in round one, quite a few of those wins were off playing 1 decent quarter, or 1/2 a quarter.
I reckon the upside for this group could be big, all this whilst bringing in young talent over the last 2 years.
The future is bright 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back