Backfire 15,396 days since Hawthorn won a premiership against a MCG ‘home’ team. Yep, almost 43 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

what an incredible stat. Have they won one against a Tassie home team in that time?

534a995f5d8f11261e4463591875117d.jpeg

The amazing thing about this thread is the lack of Geelong supporters backing up the OP

Bumping so can be moved to divvy or preferably to the crime board so the tin foil hat nuffies can get involved and finally be smarter than some people
Epic bump.

15459 days!!!!

🤣🤣any glenferrie’s left around?
624C92CE-43F0-4EF1-8682-18DAB2724C58.jpeg

Yes I know and it completely reiterates my point.
As the thread title says.

Not since the 70’s have the Hawks beat a Melbourne based club who had home ground advantage in a GF.

The club with the most premierships in the ops timeframe and the best winning ratio at the mcg, despite only being based there since 2000?

If hawthorn is worthless then surely the whole competition is worthless, so why is the OP still wasting his or her time on it?

The club with the most premierships in the ops timeframe and the best winning ratio at the mcg, despite only being based there since 2000?

If hawthorn is worthless then surely the whole competition is worthless, so why is the OP still wasting his or her time on it?
You have a ballsy and hot headed outlook. Just because Hawthorn fluffed their next 2-3 decades at least, doesn’t in no way affect the rest of the league besides having some cigars as we all watch you whither and die.

You have a ballsy and hot headed outlook. Just because Hawthorn fluffed their next 2-3 decades at least, doesn’t in no way affect the rest of the league besides having some cigars as we all watch you whither and die.

I reckon the cigars get you first

I'm a little confused here. In 1988 Hawthorn defeated Melbourne in the grand final at the MCG. The MCG has been Melbourne's home ground ever since the game was invented. I calculate this to be the correct number.
I'll leave myself open to correction.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw this, wow. I mean clear troll, but even on the level of trolling you’d have to be high to come up with such a concept.

Well at least we have 1982.

Not many other flags count by anyone, in fact the competition went 61 years before the first one happened!

1958 Collingwood
1976 Hawthorn (I assume same logic as 78)
1978 Hawthorn (even though north played at Arden st, but lots of GF’s in a row turns you into a tenant)
1982 Carlton
1998 Adelaide
2001 Brisbane
I assume 2003 doesn’t count because brisbane had become home tenants based on 2001-02 flags
2011 Geelong (maybe, or possibly also turned into home tenant because they played 07-09 GFs)
2012 Sydney

Until 1964 only way to win a flag was to finish below Melbourne in normal season, ensure you hadn’t played a few GF’s in a row previously and made sure you didn’t win a 2nd semi final.

I’ve changed my mind, this might be the greatest thread ever.

Just saw this, wow. I mean clear troll, but even on the level of trolling you’d have to be high to come up with such a concept.

Well at least we have 1982.

Not many other flags count by anyone, in fact the competition went 61 years before the first one happened!

1958 Collingwood
1976 Hawthorn (I assume same logic as 78)
1978 Hawthorn (even though north played at Arden st, but lots of GF’s in a row turns you into a tenant)
1982 Carlton
1998 Adelaide
2001 Brisbane
I assume 2003 doesn’t count because brisbane had become home tenants based on 2001-02 flags
2011 Geelong (maybe, or possibly also turned into home tenant because they played 07-09 GFs)
2012 Sydney

Until 1964 only way to win a flag was to finish below Melbourne in normal season, ensure you hadn’t played a few GF’s in a row previously and made sure you didn’t win a 2nd semi final.

I’ve changed my mind, this might be the greatest thread ever.
mhwjuapzgor71.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back