Past #15: Atu Bosenavulagi - drafted #77 '18 ND by CFC - traded to NM as part of Stepho/BBB deal - 8 NM games/1 NM goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely surprised they are trying him in a lockdown defensive role considering we are screaming out for a fleet footed defensive forward pocket.
We also need that in the back half. Sick of watching small forwards tearing us apart.

I'm glad to see them not pigeon hole him into one position. We lack in so many areas right now and we need to spend a big part of this season looking at who can play where.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Every other side has 3-4 speedsters running around their forward half .......... while we have Turner 😱

I like Kayne but ideally he's the defensively minded chaser down there but there's also a Boomer or LT playing purely offensively in the same forward line to capitalise.

Kayne has the task of tracking the half-backs then additionally trying to perform a skillset (scoring) that isn't his forte.

Had a couple of moments today where he showed his closing speed. He also got caught out a numbers of times with poor defensive positioning.

Didn’t look like he was going to get anywhere near it as far as linking up and providing run was concerned.

Going to need a solid block in the twos in whatever position they chose to play him in

Had a couple of moments today where he showed his closing speed. He also got caught out a numbers of times with poor defensive positioning.

Didn’t look like he was going to get anywhere near it as far as linking up and providing run was concerned.

Going to need a solid block in the twos in whatever position they chose to play him in

not a defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pass

Pittard, Williams & MacMillan should all still be on the list.

Way to give a guy a go - you’re a two faced muppet
Talk about going nowhere fast with those guys.
Pittard was a flake who couldn’t be relied on.
Williams had the foot skills of Dylan Alcott and wasn’t interested in the end.
Jmac was a good reader of play but was soft as butter and had lost his aerobic capabilities

Way to give a guy a go - you’re a two faced muppet
Talk about going nowhere fast with those guys.
Pittard was a flake who couldn’t be relied on.
Williams had the foot skills of Dylan Alcott and wasn’t interested in the end.
Jmac was a good reader of play but was soft as butter and had lost his aerobic capabilities

There’s a comfort level with sticking with players that are dependably no good, rather than moving on with players that may be no good, but could be good given more than 1 scratch match.

There’s a comfort level with sticking with players that are dependably no good, rather than moving on with players that may be no good, but could be good given more than 1 scratch match.

There's an even greater comfort in churning over the list just to give the football myopics "hope".

We cut far better players than we picked up.

Specifically on Atu, I’ll give him time before judging him.

Well, you have to, because you don't have a clue.

I'll tell you now that he won't make it and we should have kept 4-5 blokes on the list ahead of him.

Let's see who ends up being right.

The players we cut were no good.

This one is worse.

Well, you have to, because you don't have a clue.

I'll tell you now that he won't make it and we should have kept 4-5 blokes on the list ahead of him.

Let's see who ends up being right.

This one is worse.

It’d help his development if we weren’t trying to hide the skipper down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back