Player Watch Billy Stretch - delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a proper brave kid. He's not a guy who doesn't see the danger coming, he has very good awareness so you can see him s**t himself and then make a conscious decision to go in anyway.

A wise man once said "the only time a man can truly be brave is when he is afraid".

On Stretch, love the way he is developing. At this rate I don't think he'll suffer from being over hyped but should come along nicely and really compliment our midfield brigade. Decent skills, quick and goes hard enough even though his facial expression clearly show he is shitting them. Good stuff.

Very surprised how quickly he's come on
Still a small bastard but such a good decision maker with ball in hand
Rarely blasts the footy, he was of our few players who is capable of finding a team mate with the majority of his touches

I agree, and it's something e you appreciate more when watching in real life too. Has this evasiveness which gets him out of a trouble and allows for a cleaner handball or neat kick rather than 'blasting away' as you said.

It's amazing how seamlessly he's become a pretty vital member of our midfield. Didn't really have a breakout game but is slowly putting together a collection of solid performances. He generally has the same output in wins and losses as well.

Probably getting way ahead of myself here but premiership teams are won with Stretch-esque players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quickly becoming one of my favourites is stretchy. does all the things a modern mid needs to at a high level.

He's inside too though. Picks up a surprising number of contested possessions.

The main thing he needs to work on his his strength. Have been a few times this year where players have been able to slip out of his tackles. There was one on Breust I think it was where if he'd have stuck it, we'd have run into an open 50. Did all the right work getting into the position to make the tackle, just didn't quite have the strength or stick it.

Ive been saying all year that he's in our top 3 kicks

He's inside too though. Picks up a surprising number of contested possessions.

The main thing he needs to work on his his strength. Have been a few times this year where players have been able to slip out of his tackles. There was one on Breust I think it was where if he'd have stuck it, we'd have run into an open 50. Did all the right work getting into the position to make the tackle, just didn't quite have the strength or stick it.

Ive been saying all year that he's in our top 3 kicks

Your thinking of the one on Gibson when he had him cold as the last man to goal but was thrown off
He's incredibly tough for a small fella

Remove this Banner Ad

Back