Player Watch Billy Stretch - delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

He's got the most runs on the board of any of our recruits from the drafts of 2012, 2013, and 2014, except perhaps Hunt. ANB is also looking like a bit of a gem, and when it comes down to it these are the players that win you finals

How good is this guy going. Gets the footy inside and outside. Great user. Barely rates a mention. Would have to be the most underrated 20yo in the league.
I reckon he was really unlucky last year to have played 11 games the year before. He would have gotten a Rising Star nom pretty early, and have gotten some of the plaudit's he's deserved for his career to date. I reckon the rest of the comp are going to just suddenly catch on to the fact that he's progressing nicely into one of the gun youngsters of the competition.

How good is this guy going. Gets the footy inside and outside. Great user. Barely rates a mention. Would have to be the most underrated 20yo in the league.
Excuse me?! I professed my love for him only yesterday.

Really good player, very efficient and reliable - he's not going win games off his own boot, but he's very similar to a Gaff type with his running and clean skills.

I reckon one more pre-season to put some size on his frame and he'll take another big step. Doesn't show any fear, but occasionally just doesn't have the strength to tackle/take on bigger bodied opponents.

Bloody hell if he can average 22+ touches a game that's huge for a winger. Him and ANB have been awesome, we've got a nice Croweater trio in our midfield ATM.

Yeah he gets praise from us but outside ignore the club and its supporters he is rarely spoken of.
And I'm ok with that. The day will come when, at his current steady but impressive rate of improvement, he'll just be casually stringing together 30+@80% games that are punctuated by his speed and composure, and some peanut like David King will say "Billy Stretch has becoming a really valuable contributor to this dangerous midfield" and it will click for the masses.

Just been going about his business, doesn't take big marks or kick banana goals but he gets the footy and gives it to someone else

Bloody impressive though, he looks like he should be playing under 18s still but he is completely at home amongst men in the AFL
Kids a jet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kid is a gun. Hard worker, runs all day, goes in hard, reliable kick. The development of him and ANB has been good to watch first few rounds.

He's usually a really reliable set shot for goal too, was bitterly disappointed he missed two very obtainable chances against the Cats.

He wasn't alone unfortunately. Our skipper missed a coupke, ANB, Kent missed a couple(not unusual), Petracca on halftime, Viney missed a sitter. We should have kicked at least 6-8 more goals which wins us the game.

I'm a little confused by stretchs role. Seems to be playing well but he isn't getting a lot of outside footy
For mine he's a bit like Tyson/ ANB who are getting plenty but not making a huge difference. Just being another option

Needs to get on his bike and get into space more often

I'm a little confused by stretchs role. Seems to be playing well but he isn't getting a lot of outside footy
For mine he's a bit like Tyson/ ANB who are getting plenty but not making a huge difference. Just being another option

Needs to get on his bike and get into space more often
Don't think he is doing enough. If you can't hurt the opposition with scything kicks or rack up 30 a game you're not doing your job as an outside player in the AFL. Harsh but need much more from Billy.

Don't think he is doing enough. If you can't hurt the opposition with scything kicks or rack up 30 a game you're not doing your job as an outside player in the AFL. Harsh but need much more from Billy.
Kid has played 30 odd games, relax he has earned his spot

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Unprecedented melts on here. Stretch is going beautifully for a guy in his third season.
Totally. Killing a kid who hasn't had a bad game because he isnt getting 30 and kicking 2 or 3 goals a game lol

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Unprecedented melts on here. Stretch is going beautifully for a guy in his third season.

In my original post I said he's doing well, just feels like the rest of our kids he's getting sucked up into the contest too often and he's not getting it outside as much as last year

In my original post I said he's doing well, just feels like the rest of our kids he's getting sucked up into the contest too often and he's not getting it outside as much as last year
No point judging anybody's outside game on the wet slog that was ANZAC Eve, there was not much outside ball to be had. In general I think Stretch's work as a link man on the wing is pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back