Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

NorthBhoy said:
I would throw $600,000 at John Brown without thinking.

Dal Santo, no matter how talented, is a midfielder. He could add to a squad, he might even influence games consistently but Brown rips games open.

And if the last few weeks are any indication, you could always throw Brown into the midfield.

The media reckon that Del Santo could demand at least $500k on the open market. Even if we could pay that salary to him, it leaves us less room to reward our own kids if they develop as we hope they do. And as others have pointed out, it will cost us plenty in terms of a trade to get him over (I especially agree with Wrath's comments on giviing up another two early draft picks and how that would affect us).

Benno_900 said:
Petrie, Picioane and a third round draft pick would be my offer.
You have a lot to learn. We would be lucky to get Nick Holland with an offer like that.

To get Dal Santo we would have to give up our first 2 picks and a quality young player. Maybe more.

All we would have to do is match anyone else who makes an offer for him. Caus I'm sure saint don't want nothing for him, like what happend with stevens, caracella and rawlings. So we will definately have the money, caus with Colby one the way out, and sav, we will definately have lots of money the throw around. I recon Petrie and Piconne or someone in his callabre straight swap for wittnall and Del santo straight swap for Harding and Watt or firritto. I thkn all we havbe to do is out bid the contenders with our offer to the saints and convince nick to join the roos. Sound so simple if only it was that way.

year of the roo said:
You have a lot to learn. We would be lucky to get Nick Holland with an offer like that.

To get Dal Santo we would have to give up our first 2 picks and a quality young player. Maybe more.

:)

Trade Week is my favourite week when there's no footy. Don't think we would get him anyway, but Saints would be pretty keen on Petrie.

The most I would trade for Dal Santo is a 1st Rounder and McIntosh.

That is at most.

Y not straight swap for B. Harvey?

gotta give up something good to get something good.... that is an even deal IMHO.

we do not need him anymore now that Sharvey is COMING.... :eek:

Wells Harris Dal Santo OMG i'm aroused already

go roos.

ArjenTheGreat said:
Y not straight swap for B. Harvey?

gotta give up something good to get something good.... that is an even deal IMHO.

we do not need him anymore now that Sharvey is COMING.... :eek:

Wells Harris Dal Santo OMG i'm aroused already

go roos.
Wells Harris JWS....looks better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B.Harvey for N.Dal Santo...

Signed: F/D

Roos would do that in a heartbeat, Saints wouldnt touch that.

F/D said:
Tad overrated on these boards though.

agree re: H

Dal Santo is already an established superstar, is in the top 10 for rankings points which should alleviate any concerns. and he's 21.

Can't compare jesse yet but things look promising... trotter is prob the one. Complete gun, i swear its jimmy hird every time i see him.

Let's go for a hard player, he is too soft for my liking.

and I dont think we could fit him into our salary cap anyhow.

We are at 98% next year, arent we? Not enough room.

Benno_900 said:
:)

Trade Week is my favourite week when there's no footy.

Yes Benno !! These boards are absolutely hilarious around that time.

Surely the fun doesn't start so soon ? :rolleyes:

NorthBhoy said:
Honestly, I wouldn't swap Hale for Dal Santo.

I am sure many will question my sanity, but I can deal with that.

Are you insane? ;) I would, in a heart beat.
Ruckman are over-rated. Even the very best ruckman in the league don't influence the outcome of games often enough.

Dal Santo is top shelf.

But having said that, only a 21yr old Wayne Carey is worth $600,000.

speedy said:
Are you insane? ;) I would, in a heart beat.
Ruckman are over-rated. Even the very best ruckman in the league don't influence the outcome of games often enough.

Dal Santo is top shelf.

But having said that, only a 21yr old Wayne Carey is worth $600,000.
Agree with all that.

Don't worry about NorthBhoy, he can't see past Hale's rippling thighs and biceps. Footballing ability doesn't come into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back