Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted us to get him two years ago so I'm very happy to pick him up now, unfortunately for Paul he's done his knee twice.

For the record his NEAFL stats last year:
Elite
16 uncontested disposals
76% efficiency
5 inside 50s
6 score involvements

Above Average
23 disposals
4 Clearances

1 tackle is the only concern other than the knee.

Wanted us to get him two years ago so I'm very happy to pick him up now, unfortunately for Paul he's done his knee twice.

For the record his NEAFL stats last year:
Elite
16 uncontested disposals
76% efficiency
5 inside 50s
6 score involvements

Above Average
23 disposals
4 Clearances

1 tackle is the only concern other than the knee.

NEAFL is one step above Auskick. Wouldn't think there is much need to defend.

Of all the attributes of a modern player, I reckon it's one of the easier to teach. Waite was awful defensively when he arrived and we changed that pretty quickly.

Shame we didn't try it with the guys who were already here.

Aside from Wynd, Geister and Bryce the only other Pauls I can think of to play in the seniors for NMFC are Paul Feltham and Paul Spargo. There are probably more but can't be bothered looking them up right now.

Paul Rowe 15 games 1960-62
Paul Johnson 5 games 1984
Paul O'Donoghue 1 game 1976
Paul Clarke 1 game 1930

Household names...come on!:D

I think that's it apart from the ones you mention.

Great trade. Despite the injury history you'd think a former #7 is far more likely to "make it" than whoever we would have picked at 69

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Bowen is someone I respect as he actually bothers to check most facts about us.

It's a welcome change to have a North supporter in the media who doesn't bag the club due to his hidden genders at every opportunity. :AhernlookatyouDamo

A contact of mine is in Paul's family.

Apparently Carlton were in the box seat to get him, but a nth presentation to his family was impressive and swung it our way last week.

Apparently knee is recovering well and he'd have him coming back to full training earlier than is being reported, but a longer timeframe is being stated publicly to manage expectations.

Apparently Carlton were in the box seat to get him, but a nth presentation to his family was impressive and swung it our way last week.

Apparently knee is recovering well and he'd have him coming back to full training earlier than is being reported, but a longer timeframe is being stated publicly to manage expectations.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yep. Takes his rehab seriously and don't be surprised if he is back by mid season.

I heard it was the not playing for Carlton part that really sold him on our pitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back