Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where he fits in tbh - played off hbf in last weeks intra club - showed skill and poise.

However we can't afford to get any slower across the backline or midfield.

I think it will be a case of getting as much game time into him as possible - whatever level and position - and we go from there.

We will have a better idea where he fits in come the end of pre season.

Ahern isnt slow

Not sure where he fits in tbh - played off hbf in last weeks intra club - showed skill and poise.

However we can't afford to get any slower across the backline or midfield.

I think it will be a case of getting as much game time into him as possible - whatever level and position - and we go from there.

We will have a better idea where he fits in come the end of pre season.

Think he will start in the vfl unless he smashes it after New Years - the kid hasn’t played for two years.

Will be probably playing half forward / on ball for starters

Think he will start in the vfl unless he smashes it after New Years - the kid hasn’t played for two years.

Will be probably playing half forward / on ball for starters

I don't see any reason why he can't play round 1 at AFL level if he continues to tick the right boxes & gets his match fitness up to a decent standard via practice matches & JLT.

I don't see any reason why he can't play round 1 at AFL level if he continues to tick the right boxes & gets his match fitness up to a decent standard via practice matches & JLT.
Unless, God forbid, he has a setback, then I'd be amazed if he's not playing Rd 1. By all reports he could have played VFL late last year. And he'll have had another 6 months under his belt by the time Rd 1 comes about.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Lol. Ahern slow.

Lol
He ain't sharp, more of a cruizer. I will be interested to see him in a straight out foot race as I suspect he will not he as fast as some imagine.

We have a hole in a quick, good user off half back in 2018 - will be a great spot to ease back into it. Obviously midfield is the final goal but half back is a softer transition imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't played one AFL game yet and has come off not playing any football for years.....and off a bad injury.

I said earlier in the thread I don't expect him to get a spot in the 22 in round 1 and they'll work him into the season. But he could just be knocking the door down, play amazing in JTL and demand a spot. But I still think they'll be cautious with the approach and start him in the VFL.

I'd love for him to start though....but there's also other guys I want to start too :)

The starting 22 next season is going to be extremely difficult for the selection committee. It is very exciting for NMFC.

He hasn't played one AFL game yet and has come off not playing any football for years.....and off a bad injury.

I said earlier in the thread I don't expect him to get a spot in the 22 in round 1 and they'll work him into the season. But he could just be knocking the door down, play amazing in JTL and demand a spot. But I still think they'll be cautious with the approach and start him in the VFL.

I'd love for him to start though....but there's also other guys I want to start too :)

The starting 22 next season is going to be extremely difficult for the selection committee. It is very exciting for NMFC.

IF he has a solid JLT series, I can see him being named on the bench for Rnd 1 and being eased into the season. Bring on 2018, exciting times ahead for us !!

564776.jpg
564748.jpg
564750.jpg
564751.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back