AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching him he has some nice attributes including being a good size, quick without being lightning, great ability to keep his feet and evade tackles and decent marking ability. Knows how to get on the end of a few goals up forward too and get himself involved. On the other hand his kicking definitely lacks penetration and his ball use whilst not terrible isn't the best.

I'm not too worried about him. He's at least going to be a pretty good half forward at absolute worst and I reckon he's shown some strong signs when used in the midfield too.

I try to never judge players too harshly in their first 2 years. As long as they show signs that's enough.

I think as an overall game , last night could of been his best so far.

It's way too soon to worry about but I think Perko could one day captain us. A long way to go but some good signs from Archie.

Thought he looked better in PS games tbh

Feel hes losing his speed and agility, obviousily with bulking up that to happen just didnt think it would be this quick

Thought he looked better in PS games tbh

Feel hes losing his speed and agility, obviousily with bulking up that to happen just didnt think it would be this quick
Not at all. Just doesn’t get to show it in games, probably a sign of the way we are playing at the moment. Very few fast break opportunities. He does cover the ground extremely well and his agility is clear to see in stoppage situations.

Not at all. Just doesn’t get to show it in games, probably a sign of the way we are playing at the moment. Very few fast break opportunities. He does cover the ground extremely well and his agility is clear to see in stoppage situations.
You dont feel hes losing his explosivness and agility? I hope your right but im not seeing it to the level i thought

Still very early days inside and we wouldnt know if hes carrying something or not ect

You dont feel hes losing his explosivness and agility? I hope your right but im not seeing it to the level i thought

Still very early days inside and we wouldnt know if hes carrying something or not ect
Nope, I’m not even sure how you’ve come to that opinion. You don’t just lose your ability and explosiveness suddenly as a 20yo. He used his turn of foot a couple of times to break from stoppage against port.

Nope, I’m not even sure how you’ve come to that opinion. You don’t just lose your ability and explosiveness suddenly as a 20yo. He used his turn of foot a couple of times to break from stoppage against port.
Not saying its completely lost. Just think its declining. Hes added serious bulk quite quickly

Love the kid and obviously want him to turn into a great mid, but I can’t see the explosiveness in him.

I think he is one of the reasons other teams can move the ball so freely out of defence against us.

It’s one thing to explode when the ball is in your hands, but doing it on the defensive side would be a lot better for us right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentioned a few times before but his ability to keep his feet, break tackles and his composure under pressure is unreal for a 20 year old. When he’s 22 years and older I think he will be a seriously damaging 25 disposal, 2 goal a game midfielder resting forward.
I think he’ll have a real knack of disposing of the ball while being tackled which is what we lack in our midfield.

Mentioned a few times before but his ability to keep his feet, break tackles and his composure under pressure is unreal for a 20 year old. When he’s 22 years and older I think he will be a seriously damaging 25 disposal, 2 goal a game midfielder resting forward.
I think he’ll have a real knack of disposing of the ball while being tackled which is what we lack in our midfield.
If he can do that he'd be the best player in the game.

You’re saying that as though you don’t expect that of him? I suppose he might be second behind Nic Martin?
Not at 22 haha

If he can do that he'd be the best player in the game.
Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but I think he has the potential to be a top 10 midfielder in the comp. I don’t think he’ll ever be an accumulator but can definitely be damaging while also pushing forward to kick goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back