AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

If Setters isn’t ready to come in for Duz, it has to be Archie. Has form over the pre-season and arguably BOG (for us) in both VFL games.
Depends who they’re going to move into the mid rotation. If setters isn’t back it’s likely Caldwell/ Hobbs get those midfield minutes. So it’ll be another forward half player to come in

His form has been wing so it is most likely there. Has been very good and I know his under 18 footy was in defense but one of the knocks on him was needing to defend a bit better as he was more of an interceptor. Not sure he has nailed the defensive side yet but I hope he can is if he does he is the bloke that upgrades Kelly.

Reminds me a bit of Kade Simpson.

Balanced and neat - his thought processes and movements are all quick so leg speed is no issue.

We could also use a left footer or two.

Aesthetically pleasing, pure kicking action, reminds me of Josh Kelly.

I don’t see an immediate role for him in the seniors but I daresay he’s very close to taking everything he can from the reserves already.

Aesthetically pleasing, pure kicking action, reminds me of Josh Kelly.

I don’t see an immediate role for him in the seniors but I daresay he’s very close to taking everything he can from the reserves already.
I’d be happy enough to look at him forward as an upgrade on Menzie or Guelfi.

Depends on what the long term plan for him is and where he can best develop towards that plan I guess.

Having watched most of the last 2 games, I am very impressed with this guy.

He seems to do the right thing / make the right decision. It's more than decision making because he executes. He hits targets by foot, in an aerial contest he'll negate an opponent (when outgunned) or stick a tackle / win a hard ball when he's maybe a bit outgunned. He looks a very complete player.

He has different athletic attributes, and is probably 'just' a wingman at this stage, but he is a lot like Trent Rivers in the way that he's just good at everything he does. Rivers has played like a veteran from day 1. That's very much what Roberts looks like.

He seems to do the right thing / make the right decision. It's more than decision making because he executes. He hits targets by foot, in an aerial contest he'll negate an opponent (when outgunned) or stick a tackle / win a hard ball when he's maybe a bit outgunned. He looks a very complete player.

He has different athletic attributes, and is probably 'just' a wingman at this stage, but he is a lot like Trent Rivers in the way that he's just good at everything he does. Rivers has played like a veteran from day 1. That's very much what Roberts looks like.
Agree . 😎

Guess he has some edge 😛
Sorry just being a smart ass 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great.

I look forward to seeing him debut in Round 24 (as sub).

Hoping he gets a look in the seniors next week. Strikes me as the kind of player that is going to develop that much quicker competing at the top level, and he gives us a bit of a different look in the 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back