AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is there so much talk about this guy?

It seems he is the second coming of Mark Mcveigh?

Why is there so much talk about this guy?

It seems he is the second coming of Mark Mcveigh?
Very good in a couple of the match sims .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ant555 or anyone who knows a bit about him, is he fast? I sense he's a quick decision maker, not sure on his leg speed.

Hope he gets a chance in the seniors soon, will be nice to have kids from the last draft step up quicker than normal, Caddy and Roberts debuting in 2024 would be great.

Neutral on leg speed.

Won’t literally burst away from people due to his pace, but certainly not a weakness.

If we’re putting into categories, I would say someone like hind can literally outrun people.
Someone like redman is quick without maybe being able to do that. Roberts is closer to that (although I’d call redman more of a powerful runner than Roberts, redman could genuinely run through people if necessary, Roberts isn’t that. But pace wise, yeah maybe about that.)

Neutral on leg speed.

Won’t literally burst away from people due to his pace, but certainly not a weakness.

If we’re putting into categories, I would say someone like hind can literally outrun people.
Someone like redman is quick without maybe being able to do that. Roberts is closer to that (although I’d call redman more of a powerful runner than Roberts, redman could genuinely run through people if necessary, Roberts isn’t that. But pace wise, yeah maybe about that.)

Draft profile has him as a good speed-endurance mix, and his combine TT was sub 6:10 so he's a strong runner.

Maybe a Whitfield comparison; few can catch him if he's got a gap, and can repeat it over and over.

Draft profile has him as a good speed-endurance mix, and his combine TT was sub 6:10 so he's a strong runner.

Maybe a Whitfield comparison; few can catch him if he's got a gap, and can repeat it over and over.

Watched most of his 16-18yr old games, so reasonably across his skillset (not a shot, just a comment that I’ve seen a fair bit of him).

Whitfield not a bad comparison. Not current Whitfield, but maybe what he can get to. But yes, endurance is definitely his go as a runner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back